LS/MS shaving brush

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
That's all good to know, Erik. I put the backbone of the 2-Band Finest at the lowest level of what's acceptable to me. If the 3-Band Silvertip is lower still, I'll definitely be avoiding that hair.
The latest 26mm D01 Shavemac would be right up your street David, as days pass I'm seriously considering a 30mm D01 too.
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
2 David preferably as a bulb.
I've tried a few in fan knots, which tends to be my preference, but never in bulb form. The nature of that hair has always swayed me away from bulbs.
I know the current hair is far removed from the scritchy hair of 4-5 years ago. The 2-Band hair I had in the coral Rubberset set at 26x52 Fan, was excellent;I just didn't like the handle for comfort.
 

Mr_Smartepants

Genius Member
That's all good to know, Erik. I put the backbone of the 2-Band Finest at the lowest level of what's acceptable to me. If the 3-Band Silvertip is lower still, I'll definitely be avoiding that hair.
You're like me David. The 2-band finest wins it for me. The 3-band is nice, but the lesser backbone means it won't see much use in my den next to the finest.
 

Laage

Forum GOD!
My 30mm finally turned up!

I contacted Nick/ClassicShop about my missing 30mm 2-band finest and apparently my local post office decided that I should be able to guess that a package had arrived for me, so they neglected to inform me in any way. It had been sitting in the post office for more than a week now.

Here it is prebloom (the knot had been squished a bit by the packing material):
MasetoShaving-30-Prebloom-small.jpg

Postbloom:
MasetoShaving-30-Postbloom-small.jpg

And for the curious, a size comparison with the 24mm barbershop:
MasetoShaving-30-26-Postbloom-small.jpg

As usual my phone camera is not really comfortable with the lighting in my bathroom, so the colors are a bit off - the towel the brushes are laying on is dark blue.

The horn pattern is beautiful on this one as well.
This is the biggest and heaviest of my brushes by far, so it will be interesting to see how it feels on the face.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
My white Maseto arrived yesterday. Same great handle but the knot is slightly better than the black handled one. The tips are not as white but it is as soft. The shape is slightly better too. Lather flow is better with the white one too. I had a great shave with it last night. First class brush. If they start to offer different handle options and colours I can't see me wanting another type of brush to be honest.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
@Nishy Do you have any videos up of your MS brushes. Before you answer , go to bed:sleep:
I don't as yet Will, what I can tell you is that MS is a good budget brush. Consistency, shedding and density are the issues at hand. Consistency with regards to knot size and shape, shedding is self explanatory, several cases have been mentioned. Lastly I find the 30mm to feel more like a 26mm with regards to density on the face, it also doughnuts when loading and building, perhaps suggesting a lower density.
 
Top