Lather Shots

Dr Watson

James
I had a puck 4-5 years ago and really liked it.
View attachment 40987

but I've been unable to use the subsequent two pucks. Goodness knows why. It's very frustrating as I love the scent and the after-feel of MWF.
So, it gives you irritation or won't lather? Most odd.. And unfortunate :(

I was more annoyed about what they did to the ceramic dish, I've purchased 5 in all I think and every one has arrived with massively wonky lids and off centre artwork (yeah I know I'm a fussy git!) In the end I went direct. I know they were well made at one point as I've seen them in SOTD photo's like yours above so asked Mitchells if they could provide me with a good one to which they said yes of course, followed the next day by an apologetic email saying actually sorry we can't, having checked our entire stock there is not one perfect bowl. I can only assume they changed supplier in the past couple of years as the current one's are crap, a child could do better but they get away with it by calling it "charm." :rolleyes:

p.b

Forum GOD!
So, it gives you irritation or won't lather? Most odd.. And unfortunate :(

I was more annoyed about what they did to the ceramic dish, I've purchased 5 in all I think and every one has arrived with massively wonky lids and off centre artwork (yeah I know I'm a fussy git!) In the end I went direct. I know they were well made at one point as I've seen them in SOTD photo's like yours above so asked Mitchells if they could provide me with a good one to which they said yes of course, followed the next day by an apologetic email saying actually sorry we can't, having checked our entire stock there is not one perfect bowl. I can only assume they changed supplier in the past couple of years as the current one's are crap, a child could do better but they get away with it by calling it "charm." :rolleyes:
Hahaha - neither of my two bowls have the lid printing centred - too much charm :rolleyes:

I just could not lather the second two pucks. The first was not a problem - very slick lather. The second two would not provide that slickness. Flummoxed me completely. :(

wintoid

Out of control
I just could not lather the second two pucks. The first was not a problem - very slick lather. The second two would not provide that slickness. Flummoxed me completely. :(
I had the same experience. My first puck was MWF with the porcelain bowl. Pucks 2 and 3 were Kent refills, and I couldn't get the same lather. I've put it down to Kent not being identical to MWF, but maybe not...