June 2020 Acquisitions

D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
And of course, as soon as I can't "really shave" with anything except an electric razor.....these showed up today:

View attachment 70824

I re-ordered the Barbieri Sophisticata b/c it was so damn good and I fear they will stop making it. Don't even ask where I scored the B&M Arctique...... it will stay my secret. Also, the Tend Skin Air Shave Gel is truly amazing stuff - this is gonna be the base for the next "SUPER LATHER". All in all, a good day and I can use my new Braun Series 9 Electric razor with all of it.... shaving just seems to lack the art and ceremony using an electric....BUT, it does give a damn fine shave with ZERO irritation. Lastly, the Floid Black....the scent lasts forever once you put it on.
You have an excellent taste in soaps and aftershaves sir!
 

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
You have an excellent taste in soaps and aftershaves sir!
Thank you Randy. Much appreciated - and the same to you as well. It's funny how "we wet shavers" have embraced the art and actions of shaving when 90% or more just consider it a burdensome chore...... Honestly, with my recent surgery and physical limitations for a few weeks, I am looking forward to my daily electric shave as if I won the lottery to drive a real BAE Electric......and if you know what that is.....you are a true gent. My other passion is aviation and I saw a great documentary last night on Cold War British Aviation - Vickers, Vulcans, BAEs, Comets, Vampires....very well done 2 part series. I think it was titled "Cold War and Hot Planes". You all have a great evening.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Thank you Randy. Much appreciated - and the same to you as well. It's funny how "we wet shavers" have embraced the art and actions of shaving when 90% or more just consider it a burdensome chore...... Honestly, with my recent surgery and physical limitations for a few weeks, I am looking forward to my daily electric shave as if I won the lottery to drive a real BAE Electric......and if you know what that is.....you are a true gent. My other passion is aviation and I saw a great documentary last night on Cold War British Aviation - Vickers, Vulcans, BAEs, Comets, Vampires....very well done 2 part series. I think it was titled "Cold War and Hot Planes". You all have a great evening.
Bae Electric is a hybrid bus??
 

pjgh

Forum GOD!
This brush from Haryali arrived this morning ...



It was about a tenner and features dark synthetic fibre.

I've had a dark fibre from Edwin Jagger before, which was horrible - the knot was a dud to start with and the fibre was nasty. Test lathering this one from Haryali, I think I am really going to enjoy it. The fibre is a little scritchy and reminds me of horse hair, without the laughable tangling issue. While not the polar opposite to, it is the opposite of the Cashmere knot.

The handle itself was a surprise! I fully expected plastic. No, it's heavy porcelain. Heavy in the hand and keeps nicely warm after even a quick immersion in hot water. I'll have to be careful not to drop it in a porcelain basin!

Oh, and a FEATHER Popular because I've not tried one before. I had a run through with it last night and it's perfectly sound. Quite enjoyable, even.
 
Top