July Acquisitions

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Hey, someone tell me if Glycerlanolina from Valobra is easy to find.
Dambiro had it but it's sold out.
https://www.dambiro.de/Valobra-soap-Glicerlanolina-with-Glycerine-and-Lanolin-150-g

Can it be used as a shaving soap?

AFAIK, Valobra were bought out by Proraso and they won't be making any more Valobra for a good while, I think I read somewhere they are reorganising their factories and will recommence making Valobra soap towards the end of this calendar year.

So it could be a while until it'll be readily available again.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Dambiro had it but it's sold out.
https://www.dambiro.de/Valobra-soap-Glicerlanolina-with-Glycerine-and-Lanolin-150-g

Can it be used as a shaving soap?

AFAIK, Valobra were bought out by Proraso and they won't be making any more Valobra for a good while, I think I read somewhere they are reorganising their factories and will recommence making Valobra soap towards the end of this calendar year.

So it could be a while until it'll be readily available again.
No Donnie it is used as a pre shave really moisturizing stuff but too expensive for a bar soap. 10£ or so. Thanks btw.

Thanks Paul too!!

Edit: wow Dambiro excellent price!
 

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Shipping costs please?
My order was 7.50 Euros, and that was for 4 brushes and several tubes of shaving cream.

I don't know what it will be for Greece as I think shipping is calculated by weight. They have a shipping estimate calculator on their website though. I imagine it'd be around the same as what I paid depending on your order.

I'd recommend signing up to their website, they occasionally have special offers eg 10% off.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Wow really? You brought good amount of stuff man!

And only 7.50? Really excellent!!
 

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
Dambiro had it but it's sold out.
https://www.dambiro.de/Valobra-soap-Glicerlanolina-with-Glycerine-and-Lanolin-150-g

Can it be used as a shaving soap?

AFAIK, Valobra were bought out by Proraso and they won't be making any more Valobra for a good while, I think I read somewhere they are reorganising their factories and will recommence making Valobra soap towards the end of this calendar year.

So it could be a while until it'll be readily available again.
But will it be the same or will it be reformulated!
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Reformulated of course. Proraso will decrease the quality of Valobra soaps.

That is for sure. The prices also will be decreased.
 

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Reformulated of course. Proraso will decrease the quality of Valobra soaps.

That is for sure. The prices also will be decreased.
Some good info from the Valobra thread in the Soaps Section.

From what I have been told, Proraso have got abt 2 tonnes of ready made soap stock from the Valobra factory in Genova.
The vendor I got the info from told me that Proraso gave him a 4 month lead delivery time for that Valobra stock.
That info I was given a month ot two back.

I do not know if all E.U./U.K. vendors have been told the same thing.
Maybe it will take less time for the new era Valobra to reach stores than a few rumours might have suggested?

Hopefully they won't alter the formulas of their shaving soaps too much.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
They should not change them at all. And what about when Valobra's older stock runs out?

We should buy some more hard pucks. I will go for the Patchouly.
 
Top