Holyzeus
Forum GOD!
DittoThank Goodness I haven't got that far!!!!
DittoThank Goodness I haven't got that far!!!!
Boar is your choice, luxurious badger is mineI think after you have been at this sport a while, the coin drops and you realize that if you can't get a good comfortable shave from a Gillette tech, stick of Arko and an inexpensive boar brush the problem is not the gear but user. After spending substantial amounts on gear the end result is not really hugely different than with the gear mentioned, at least not as much as the cash spent might indicate. Gear does not trump technique but nice gear does enhance the experience in other ways.
Bob
The type of brush you use is covered under "nice gear does enhance the experience in other ways." if you want to spend more. I use any type of knot except horse but realize I get as good a lather with boar as I do with a badger or synthetic. Mind you synthetics are getting pretty inexpensive these days but even the most inexpensive 2 band badger is still more costly.Boar is your choice, luxurious badger is mine
I had one good shave from a Tech, if I need to do four passes with touch ups i’ll go back to cartridges
Wayne what aloe do you use?Balms for me are the Emporers new clothes. I only use as pure an Aloe as I can get readily.
I agree, well apart from the ArkoI think after you have been at this sport a while, the coin drops and you realize that if you can't get a good comfortable shave from a Gillette tech, stick of Arko and an inexpensive boar brush the problem is not the gear but user. After spending substantial amounts on gear the end result is not really hugely different than with the gear mentioned, at least not as much as the cash spent might indicate. Gear does not trump technique but nice gear does enhance the experience in other ways.
Bob
, but it is good to experiment.It’s the Naissance, getting anything purer is difficult unless you use an actual leaf. I have never had any problem with it.Wayne what aloe do you use?
I bought of naissance aloe gel but have noticed edta on the ingredient list.
NopeDon't mean to hijack your thread @Wayne...
Did Professor Blighty ever come back on the scene? I remember there was talk of it a few months back.
I understand. Lets just say any inexpensive soap or cream that works for you. I only used Arko as an example of the inexpensive class of which there are many.I agree, well apart from the Arko, but it is good to experiment.
I know. I just can't get past the smell of Arko but regularly shave with a vintage razor, budget soap (Palmolive, Vitos, Salter etc) and a boar brush.I understand. Lets just say any inexpensive soap or cream that works for you. I only used Arko as an example of the inexpensive class of which there are many.
Bob