iPhone 7 - are you getting one?

Are you getting the new iPhone 7?

  • Yes, as soon as they are available I'm getting one

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Not immediately...but probably sometime next year

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • No. Happy with my phone and can't see myself justifying getting this one.

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • I hate Apple

    Votes: 10 30.3%

  • Total voters
    33

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I actually like the products, it's just the whole force feeding of the Apple way that annoys me. Maybe hate is a too strong a word. I don't really think they innovate anymore, just regurgitate others ideas.
And I don't invest a lot of time "hating" them, I'm just like "yeah another iPhone is out, only apple fan boys care..."
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Some of Apple's business practises are pretty low, like trying to sue Samsung on the grounds that one of their devices was an oblong with a glass front. I also agree that they've not really done anything innovative since Steve Jobs died. On the upside, there is less pressure to upgrade when new things come out as your existing device will get the new OS - and run it - and it's probably not that much different to the new one anyway. One thing they can't be criticised for is their support for older devices.

For me the iPhone fits my needs because my phone is an appliance, lack of flexibility and customisation is not a problem. Also I have a Mac and the iPhone and iPad sync with it and they all talk to each other in useful ways, for example I can respond to text messages from my laptop or tablet without picking up my phone. Plus the lightning connector is much handier than micro USB when I'm coming to bed without wanting to wake my wife, and don't have to try and remember in the dark which way up the plug needs to go. USB C would change this if it becomes the new standard though.

The fan boys are the worst, "best" is subjective. Hardware specs are largely meaningless between different OSs so what it really comes down to is which is best for you. Trying to argue that your phone is inherently superior because it has fruit on it just makes you sound like an arse. FWIW I was an Android user for years and only recently moved to an iPhone, that was ultimately driven by dissatisfaction with Windows moving me to a Mac.
 

Gordy

Legendary Member
You hit the nail on the head about Steve Jobs death, he really was the innovator. Some of the lawsuits are silly but some not so when you consider Samsung departments building the Apple devices and then "borrowing" the technology. I'm not an Apple fanboy by any stretch of the imagination but I do love the interfaces and ease of use, no one can deny them that.
 

Redd

A Right Member
Currently have a straight 6, but am currently waiting for Giff-Gaff to give me the price on a 128gb 7+.

It may well tempt me to sell my iPad mini when I sell on the 6.
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I've finally upgraded from a 5 to a 7, thanks to a Black Friday deal, after three-and-bit years. I was sorely tempted by the Google Pixel but I just find iOS so intuitive.

Any recent apps to recommend? I got a bit stale in keeping up with my previous hardware.
 

missingskin

Forum GOD!
I tend to change my phones every 2 years and buy it outright, I am afraid I could not justify the cost of an iPhone or "Premium" handset. So I got a Oneplus3 which is great and 1/2 the price. I does what it says on the tin and the o/s is very good. Think I will look at another generic Chinese phone when I want to change phones.
Nothing wrong with Apple IOS (I have an iPad and Macbook pro) just prefer Android on the phone.
 

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
Apple fanboy - Mac Mini music server, iPad 12.9" Pro, MacBook, iPhone for last 7 years, iPod Nano, iPod Classic U2 autographed model, Airport, Apple rechargeable batteries, etc. Pre-ordered the iPhone 7.

Bought the Google Pixel in Blue and cancelled my iPhone 7pre-order. Happy camper. My free Virtual Reality Daydream View glasses arrived yesterday. Transferred all my messages, contacts, photo's, etc from iPhone 6s easily. Minor issues creating ringtones and posting photos to shaving forums. Need a cold snowy weekend to learn more Android.
 
Top