iPhone 7 - are you getting one?

Are you getting the new iPhone 7?

  • Yes, as soon as they are available I'm getting one

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Not immediately...but probably sometime next year

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • No. Happy with my phone and can't see myself justifying getting this one.

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • I hate Apple

    Votes: 10 30.3%

  • Total voters
    33

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Lol, I tell you what i'm proud. For a bunch of fellas that have acquisition disorders, me included, you're looking at the new iphone in a very rational, pragmatic, and fiscal way. Your wives, girlfriends and mum's would be proud....not like our wetshaving hobby tho lol...you have the right idea save your money and buy more shaving stuff whoop
 

halvor

a most elusive fish
My employer allowing, yes. I got the current one a little over a year ago, though, so as long as it's working fine, I don't think my want-the-latest reasoning will convince them.

An issue that regularly bug me about my iPhone 6 is how slippery the back is.
 

Laage

Forum GOD!
I won't be getting it as I'm content with my Android phone, will stick with that for the foreseeable future.
 
S

Shaun

Guest
My iPhone 6 Plus does everything I need and there is nothing radically new or powerful enough on the iPhone 7 to tempt me to continue spending £50 per month for the next two years. My current contract ends in November and as soon as I'm paid-up I'm off to GiffGaff (where I moved the wife and daughter's phone packages to). For what few calls I make and texts I send I'll be able to get by on their £10 pm Goodybag and pocket the forty quid difference! :okay:
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
For the last few years I've been buying SIM-free handsets and going with a SIM-only tariff, you can get a 30-day rolling contract or a 12 month one for a bit less.
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
For my last phone, I decided I don't need the latest and greatest, so I bought the Moto X Style and saved £10 per month. My Mrs and, more recently me Dad have got Huwuei phones.
They are AWESOME. Stylish, slim, superbly built and spec'd. Nice and slick interface. My Mrs pays £13p/m, free phone.
I'll give it a couple of years and Huawei will be mixing it with the big boys!!!
I know what I'll be doing next time!
I'm not an Android fan boy, but I hate all things Apple!
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I hate all things Apple!
Why? I honestly don't get the Apple hate thing. I can understand disinterest, I had that myself for quite a few years, but some people just seem to feel really vehement dislike and I can't understand why. I'm not picking on you Rowlers, I've heard it from a lot of people, I just don't get it.
 

Cheesepiece

Stickler
Why? I honestly don't get the Apple hate thing. I can understand disinterest, I had that myself for quite a few years, but some people just seem to feel really vehement dislike and I can't understand why. I'm not picking on you Rowlers, I've heard it from a lot of people, I just don't get it.
Proprietary accessories and extortion for outdated hardware.
Waterproofing, wireless charging, biometric security... Are apple keeping pace and charging a premium for that or actually the avantgarde?
Seems this 7th iteration will have some pioneering stuff with the most powerful processor in a phone but other than that I don't get it and I wouldn't pay their prices for the iexperience.
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
So why invest time in hating them? Just don't buy it and leave it at that. I've decided that Android is no longer the best fit for my needs but rather than go around slagging it off I just stopped using it. I recognise that Android may be a better fit for some people, and that's fine.

I am totally OK with people not wanting iThings, and reactions of "meh" are completely understandable if they don't fit your needs, it's the almost rabid hatred some people exhibit that I don't get. I admit that I can't stand the fanboys but you get those on both sides.
 

Cheesepiece

Stickler
I invest as little time in it as possible. I know what suits my needs too and, being the youngest generation of my family means I'm often asked for tech advice, I'd never steer anyone towards the iapple range of devices.
I don't really hate iapple. I hate fanboys who claim apples are better than oranges.
 
S

Shaun

Guest
There are two things that have lead to us being a household with iPhones and iPads - they are very easy to use, and very rarely crash. That intuitive interface and stability make them great tech products, even at the 'Apple' premium. The innovations with each annual update are becoming fewer and less enticing though.
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
It's not the products that make me anti-Apple, it's their business practices. Their products are generally excellent. However, hate is too strong a word as i just avoid Apple products if possible.
 
Top