I'm now a Master of shaving efficiency

D

Deleted member 476

Guest
What razor do you currently use?
Gillette Rocket HD, 57g & 71g versions almost exclusively. I have other fine vintage gillettes, Fatboy, Slim, Old-type, Black Superspeeds, black tip and others, but settled a while back on my pair of Rocket HD's.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
I think that's my original OP point. I only have 3 brushes (2boar,1badger) that I use and rotate between 3-4 soaps, so I know the gear intimately well, how to load what I need and nothing more. The problem is, the soaps last much much longer than they ever used to when first starting out. First world problems, I know but they are favourites, so its not like I am just going to bin them, just to try something new.
I see your point now.......but if you want to eliminate boredom.....a change in razor is the way to go!
 
Last edited:

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
I can see that you appreciate vintage.....so why not try a Vintage single edge. Just as fast a shave as you have now....but something new to try. You can pick up one for peanuts and if you go that way....I will send you a few blades to get you started!
 

R181

Grumpy old man
Good to know. My grey hairs are multiplying and self-vanity was getting to me recently. Was worried I might one day have to get a facelift like David Hasslehoff or Sylvester Stallone, but happy to hear that I can obtain a better and more natural youthful look from a bar of Alum. :laugh:
Well, if that is the look you want to go for then alum ain't the answer for sure. It will make your skin feel better for a bit though.

Bob
 

Farabeuf

Über Member
I’ve gotten much better. I don’t get cuts and manage to be reasonably clean shaven with 2 passes. but I still get more irritated with DE than with disposable 3 blades. My technique is therefore still a work in progress.

One bad thing that has happened to me since DE wet shaving is that I’ve gotten some mild acne on my chin/lower lip area. I’ve trying different combinations of soaps/balms to see where the issue is. It cannot be blocked pores since I clean/ exfoliate constantly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

sm1h

Forum GOD!
If you are a youngster hang on to the alum block it helps tighten/tone skin when you are older. I use mine everyday post shave and pre aftershave on my old visage.
Oh, I never knew this. In that case I might pick it up. Can you elaborate on the effects?
 
D

Deleted member 476

Guest
With spring in the air, The DRH Arlington Soap came out from winter hibernation earlier in the month and was added to summer soap rotation. It was either a grumpy sleeping bear or I forgot how to lather a hard triple-milled soap. Got it mastered now but took till 4th shave to get it working right.
 
Top