If MONEY was no object, what Soap would you buy & use?

Mike Smart

Forum GOD!
I’ve used several pucks of HR Harris and a couple of creams, at least 5 pucks of MWF and one tub of ToOBS cream and even after ‘mastering’ / optimising them they are still not as good as B&M, Mike’s or A&E. So I’ve invested more than enough time before coming to my conclusion
I sort of agree with you there.
i’m all for everyone using exactly what they want to use, their money their choice.
As far as B&M goes i would argue there isn’t a better base out there that the Omnibus, i don’t think there’s a B&M i don’t like however i completely dislike A&E.
I was a huge fan a few years ago but i find their new bases gloopy and difficult to lather,
i mean i can lather it no problem but it takes longer than it should and i don’t get the lather i once did.
For me it’s very similar to Macduffs.
For me there’s a huge array of products to try. People that don’t want to try Artisan soaps are missing out
 

Randy

Forum GOD!
Do you think MDC is expensive ?
I think it is initially but over the course of time it takes to finish i don’t think it is.
I don’t know anyone who’s used one from start to finish even over a period of time but i reckon you could shave daily for over a year with the same jar
Not exactly expensive, but overpriced for sure
 

Randy

Forum GOD!
I sort of agree with you there.
i’m all for everyone using exactly what they want to use, their money their choice.
As far as B&M goes i would argue there isn’t a better base out there that the Omnibus, i don’t think there’s a B&M i don’t like however i completely dislike A&E.
I was a huge fan a few years ago but i find their new bases gloopy and difficult to lather,
i mean i can lather it no problem but it takes longer than it should and i don’t get the lather i once did.
For me it’s very similar to Macduffs.
For me there’s a huge array of products to try. People that don’t want to try Artisan soaps are missing out
I strongly avoid artisan soaps. I'm shaving only with Arko
 

DesertIguana

Forum GOD!
I strongly avoid artisan soaps. I'm shaving only with Arko

Your preference is just that your preference. IMHO if a CHEAP Soap Works great for you, use it. If you find something that is pricy boutique Soap is the best for you, it works, great and you have the money. Go for it.


I sort of love Samples, as they allow me to explore new Soap for FREE, or very little cost. Honestly some Soaps are over Hyped, and some of the people doing the Hyping like U-Tubers get the Product for FREE. So it is payback for the freebee, the U-Tuber says this New Soap is the Holy Grail.


There is an Online Retailer who has a big inventory of products, they are always posting U-Tube Review of stuff they sell. Never seen them say this product is solo, marginal or junk. It is alway an other GRAIL.
 
Top