Hone razor price question

Acer89

James
If I'm proved to be incorrect I'll be deleting this post.

I went to the Hone website to make a purchase Are my eyes deceiving me or have I encountered a significant price increase?

https://www.hone-shaving.com/shophone

Type15 brass appears to have increased from £115.00 to £140.00 (22.7%)

The 15a silver and black appears to have increased from £65 to £85 (30.7%)

Can anyone here confirm what they paid for their Hone please?

Thanks

James

flip-68

Forum GOD!
i suppose they have their foothold in the market now and want to maximise their profits - fair enough i suppose. not that i will be getting one but there are plenty who will

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Could it be due to exchange rate differences? I don't know where the Hone is made but if it's European or American and being imported into the UK, then the UK seller will be paying more.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Could it be due to exchange rate differences? I don't know where the Hone is made but if it's European or American and being imported into the UK, then the UK seller will be paying more.
Could be that Rob, from memory they are made in the Netherlands or Sweden? But yeah they have increased!

UKRob

Forum GOD!
The website is not very informative - it looks to be a UK listing as it's a limited company - in which case they are presumably buying in Euros, hence the price hike. Whether it's warranted on purely exchange rates is another matter.

Cheesepiece

Stickler
I was in contact with the gentleman in question only recently. I was looking to purchase two Hone 15s but ended up using the BST instead.
My reason for contact was to see if there could be another upcoming voucher code, as he'd issued them in the past (seeing as I was intent on ordering two razors).
Below is the email I received in response to a query about a potential January sale or discount code.

Quotes:

Dear Chad,

Thank you for your e-mail, and your interest in the Hone 15. If you like mild razors then I hope the Type 15 would be a great fit. (Also sorry it has taken me a day to get back to you).

At the moment I don't have any discount codes. I did plan to offer some discount for the holiday season, but unfortunately it was not possible, and the opposite might be inevitable; In the new year I will likely have to re-evaluate my prices as there have been some quite dramatic changes to currency and the costs of buying raw materials etc in the last 6 months that are not in my control. I have resisted changing my prices as I know many people were waiting for the holiday season to purchase a razor, and the best I can manage is to hold the current pricing, I am sorry I can not offer you any more at the moment, but I hope that being open about it helps explain why.

If you have any other questions please let me know, I am always happy to answer,

Kind Regards,

Andrew

I was looking at the price increase too and initially had the same reaction , however a little of the price is offset by the inclusion of shipping in the price to the U.K. , which I think was £8.00p previously , although I stand to be corrected , even with the inclusion of free shipping there is a significant price increase though

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I was looking at the price increase too and initially had the same reaction , however a little of the price is offset by the inclusion of shipping in the price to the U.K. , which I think was £8.00p previously , although I stand to be corrected , even with the inclusion of free shipping there is a significant price increase though
Correct, shipping was indeed £8.

nolisco

Forum GOD!
I purchased mine on the 29/11, seems I bought it at the right time before the price rise. Even with the shipping included it is a good £17 more expensive than a month ago. Razor plus shipping was £123. I was planning on eventually purchasing the 15a but at the new price I don't think I will.