Help me choose a soap

D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Monsavon (£3.50 delivered via Amazon) is my favourite soap since discovering it the other week. It's a croap, small cake/puck comes in a flimsy plastic pot, you need to squish the cake/puck into it before the first use ideally. Scent is a pleasant lavender/eucalyptus and for me, performance is elite™.
Why is this a better soap than King Cyril R. Salter hard puck w/tallow??
 

Dr Watson

James
The lather of Salter is way better for me than DR Harris.
I'm not sure how that is possible as they use the same soap base? Not that I don't believe you Randy, perhaps one is milled harder than the other? I always had to bloom D.R. Harris pucks and load like a madman to get any lather as they're so damn hard.
 

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
Any of the Signature Soaps, unscented goat's milk is very good as is the lavender soap, good price's and two sizes of tub. P.
 
  • Like
Reactions: p.b

slapo

It's... alive!
Gents
I've bought a Leaf Razor today, bit of a knee jerk impulse because it is different and inexpensive, so if I get it wrong, I can shift it on and it didn't cost me an Arm and a Leg.
Congratulations. :)

As for the soap, how about a SueZBana soap?
https://suezbana.co.uk/collections/shaving-cream-and-soaps/products/shaving-products - super citrusy, smells really potent, although you might want to go a bit easy on loading it because of so much essential oil in it, shaving performance was great. The same goes for the soap puck with Lemon and Tea Tree, which is not as easy to overload onto the brush.
 
Top