Get my mojo back

chazt

shave
For a short time you were enthusiastic about Vintage razors, pick up a nice New Improved just to have a change of pace.
Yes, this is what I was thinking. There are so many interesting options. I don’t see getting bored as a possibility (for me anyway).
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Why are you asking for encouragement when you have been such a downer lately? There is nothing that newcomers to the site can add to your knowledge of razors, blades, soaps or anything else associated with taking whiskers off your face - so it seems that you are just looking for some attention yet again.
Yeah you are right. In hindsight that is exactly what I was after. Sad isn't it. Best thing I can do is just shut the feck up. Well said Rob. Sometimes the sharp sting of reality is all that is needed.
 
Last edited:

slapo

It's... alive!
Yeah you are right. In hindsight that is exactly what I was after. Sad isn't it. Best thing I can do is just shut the feck up. Well said Rob. Sometimes the sharp sting of reality is all that is needed.
Nothing wrong with a bit of a chat, though.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Nothing wrong with a bit of a chat, though.
True but Rob is right. It depends upon the nature of the chat. I have been on a downer, not just with Shaving, with everything. I need to snap out of it. I basically am a clown, not in the bad sense, i have mean I have two faces. A public one and a private one. People like the public face, happy jolly joke teller, at home I'm a fecking idiot and grumpy bore who brings everyone down. I need a change and that little sentence from Rob is the best thing to happen to me in a while. Time to change and become what I am and not what I have become.
 

Estariol

Forum GOD!
@Wayne ... I found out that accepting how things are, here and now, works best for me, but i tend to work out the downs inside and not bother anyone in the process. If i'm great, great, i express that. If i'm not, i won't pretend i'm great, but i won't bring others down with me. If someone close to me asks, i'll share, but won't whine. If a good advice comes out, great. Sometimes, though, it's plenty enough to have someone to just hear you out, and you come out with a solution for yourself, by yourself, in the process of sharing. So... You're down now. And that's ok. Soon enough you'll find something to lift you up. And that'll be ok too. It's who and what you are.
I've read this somewhere, don't know the author, but it stuck:
"That’s life. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. It's good that it's not always bad."
 

Dr Watson

James
I was in the same boat Wayne, it just became the old shaving routine again... You'll never get the same feeling you once had of it being a whole new world to discover/master/enjoy. Time to find new hobby mate but you can still feel smug in the knowledge you're enjoying better shaves than 98% of the population even if you now find it boring.
 
Top