Floris..?

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Thanks! I think that might be the same number I found in the phone book to their HQ(?) on Kelso Place, in which case I have tried it numerous times and no one has picked up.
Yes it's the same. They do however have quite limited operating hours:

8.30 - 16.30 Monday - Thursday
8:30 - 14:30 Friday
 

Dr Watson

James
Just to revive this thread... I recently picked up a cake of No.89, no idea of age but it has the latest style packaging "The Gentleman Floris" and the ingredient list begins with potassium stearate.

Used it twice now and am very impressed indeed. Top tier stuff, up there with MdC etc IMO. The lather is luxurious and long lasting with good slickness, not too drying and generous scent strength.

DSC_0103-02.jpg
DSC_0104-02.jpg
 

SeanC

Forum GOD!
It looks like we have 5 different soap bases now (in sequential order):


I suppose we should at least be grateful that Floris seem to have a strategy of continuous improvement after the penny dropped about the Sodium version; unlike Trumpers et al. I've used the Potassium Palmate version in the past; no issues with lathering, but post shave could be a bit better. The addition of cocoa butter in the latest version will have sorted this out.

For reference this is the original tallow version made by Floris themselves in Devon. On a par with hens teeth for rarity, I've seen a NOS one like this sell on US eBay for $100 :eek: :smug:

Buyers beware though as there are bath soaps in the same wooden bowl for some strange reason

IMG_20190928_225310.jpg


IMG_20190928_225417.jpg


IMG_20190928_225544.jpg
 
Last edited:

Dr Watson

James
I've used the Potassium Palmate version in the past; no issues with lathering, but post shave could be a bit better. The addition of cocoa butter in the latest version will have sorted this out.
Do you mean Shea butter? I don't think it has cocoa butter.
 
Top