Fitjar soaps and creams available again

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I recently sold my Fjellheim soap, honestly for no reason other than I prefer the scent of Razor master's Ari pine. The only factor I would improve would be slickness, but even then this is not exactly lacking.
 

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
Just had a shave with Slåtterøy cream... absolutely outstanding performance!
+1 this morning. My second Slåtterøy cream tub and aftershave arrived today. Came with a soap sample (which I need to figure out how to use) and aftershave of Folgefonn.
 

dinder1

Forum GOD!
I've been using the Fitjar soaps for the last month and really find them to be outstanding. I have also been using their balm which is really nice...but tonight I used the cooling gel aftershave and wow! I'm in love with this aftershave gel!
The scents of all their products smell very natural, and my skin feels just awesome after use.
I can highly recommend this line,and as I just stated above, their cooling gel is superb too.
 

Dr Watson

James
My honeymoon period with it has been quite short lived... One nearly new Fjellheim soap now in the BST, I like the smell but find it ultimately underwhelming in use, still enjoying my Folgefonn cream though.
 

Executive Shaving

Forum GOD!
Have you seen how much Executive Shaving charge for Fitjar soaps?
Pisstakers!
Two Fitjar shaving creams bought direct from Fitjar = £44.59 + VAT = £53.51. Postage is standard international which can take up to 28 days.
Two Fitjar shaving creams bought from Executive Shaving = £62.99, sent same day (on orders received up to 3.00 pm) Royal Mail tracked, delivery in 2 days.
I take exception that you referred to Executive Shaving as pisstakers. We are first and foremost a business. We need to make a profit or we go bust. Normal retail markup up is 100%, I can absolutely assure you we don't make anything like 100% markup on Fitjar products. John Lewis don't sell anything unless they make 300% markup up. Our markup is fair, we have salaries to pay (all above living wage rates) plus rent, rates, utility bills, corporation tax, employers national insurance, mandatory employee pensions, packaging, advertising, website maintenance costs etc this is paid from the markup we make. Without making a profit we'll go the same way as Ginger Nuts, Niven & Joshua and others that have bitten the dust recently. I sleep at night as I know we offer a good service at a fair price. Our 28,000 plus customer base seems to think so too.
By all means take a shot at us if our standards slip or our products do not meet expectations, but please don't take a cheap shot based on Fitjar prices.
Brian Mulreany
Sales Director at The Executive Shaving Company.
 
One of the few things cheaper in Norway than in the UK! Great product..I tried a sample of Folgefonn and wow! Fresh!
Would love the hard soap in the wooden bowl:wub:
 

halvor

a most elusive fish
Two Fitjar shaving creams bought direct from Fitjar = £44.59 + VAT = £53.51. Postage is standard international which can take up to 28 days.
Two Fitjar shaving creams bought from Executive Shaving = £62.99, sent same day (on orders received up to 3.00 pm) Royal Mail tracked, delivery in 2 days.
I take exception that you referred to Executive Shaving as pisstakers. We are first and foremost a business. We need to make a profit or we go bust. Normal retail markup up is 100%, I can absolutely assure you we don't make anything like 100% markup on Fitjar products. John Lewis don't sell anything unless they make 300% markup up. Our markup is fair, we have salaries to pay (all above living wage rates) plus rent, rates, utility bills, corporation tax, employers national insurance, mandatory employee pensions, packaging, advertising, website maintenance costs etc this is paid from the markup we make. Without making a profit we'll go the same way as Ginger Nuts, Niven & Joshua and others that have bitten the dust recently. I sleep at night as I know we offer a good service at a fair price. Our 28,000 plus customer base seems to think so too.
By all means take a shot at us if our standards slip or our products do not meet expectations, but please don't take a cheap shot based on Fitjar prices.
Brian Mulreany
Sales Director at The Executive Shaving Company.
Reasonable response, Brian, to a labelling I have no problem seeing that you object to. Each is entitled to his opinion, but may phrase it in colloquial terms when expressing it. IMO. I should note that ATG all over is a commendable place in this regard.
 

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
I lived in Norway for 6 years and toured all the way up the West Coast as far as Lofoten playing a music programme to all the primary schools, courtesy of Rikskonsertene. I'm in love with the West Coast and the coastal people there. It was an unforgettable experience. So if I can bring back some memories with Fitjar soaps and scents that gives me pleasure. And the scents do in fact take me back to those years in Norway - they capture some of the other-worldliness of the sea and its folk.

So far I have Folgefonn and Havn and like both, so it's only a matter of time before I add some more. Such a welcome change from the sweet barber-shop scents and the pile-em-high US artisan complexities. Clean, fresh, and just how I like it.
 
Top