Feedback and angle

Scubasteve

Well-Known Member
Hello been shaving for two weeks and learning..didn't think there would be so much to shaving! However couldn't be more happier and excited.


My question I'm sort of struggling with is using short strokes. With the proper angle should there be some feedback? For example some sound and hear the whiskers cutting?

Or should a razor stroke be clean and quiet?

Please let me know if I'm not making sense here and I will gladly explain!

Thanks for reading
 

FRFC1908

Kakkerlak till I die!
I always get feedback with my razor , but it also depends on the angles , the courseness / density of your beard and of course your selection of blades :)
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
DIfferent razors will provide different feedback, some are silent, others are noisy!
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
As others have said, many variables. I usually hear it cutting though, my Timeless sounded like I was buttering toast!
 

R181

Grumpy old man
It does not matter what sound the razor makes so long as you are using the right angle, no pressure and the lather is gone after the stroke. No razor burn post shave is the proof of the pudding.

Bob
 

Scubasteve

Well-Known Member
Thanks for the tips, but wanted to make sure I'm doing it correct! I want to get the hang of it before it becomes a incorrect habit
 

FRFC1908

Kakkerlak till I die!
just make sure that you always have a light touch and an about 45 degree angle when shaving and try to avoid to overshave areas that are not covered with shaving soap and you will be fine :)
 
Top