I will let you know of the bloodbath severity..... but hopefully notNo Band Aids for the R41!![]()
I will let you know of the bloodbath severity..... but hopefully notNo Band Aids for the R41!![]()
Keeping my fingers crossed for youI will let you know of the bloodbath severity..... but hopefully not

Enjoy the Scottish Spirit, fantastic.Today’s haul......
Muhle R41 Rose gold razor
Muhle Silvertip rose gold badger brush
Fatip Olive wood OC razor
View attachment 63954
Tried the Scottish Spirit sample and all I can say is very nice, lovely scent.Enjoy the Scottish Spirit, fantastic.
Tell me how the Amber smells.
No band aids were required for the R41. What a great razor, for me at least. Loaded it up with a Wizamet Super Iridium using Stirling Bergamot Lavender, using a shallow angle with no pressure and had a great 2 pass shave, probably one of the best although I get good result with a Fatip OC as well. I have what I would call wire wool stubble and I shave every other day and the R41 cut through with ease for a lovely smooth shave. After using a Parker Variant adjustable I find an open comb razor much better.No Band Aids for the R41?![]()
When I have tried the Amber I will let you know if I can , how I find the Amber scent George.Today’s haul......
Tried the Scottish Spirit sample and all I can say is very nice, lovely scent.
Happy for you! Your technique is clearly better than mine then. I still have nightmares about the R41No band aids were required for the R41. What a great razor, for me at least. Loaded it up with a Wizamet Super Iridium using Stirling Bergamot Lavender, using a shallow angle with no pressure and had a great 2 pass shave, probably one of the best although I get good result with a Fatip OC as well. I have what I would call wire wool stubble and I shave every other day and the R41 cut through with ease for a lovely smooth shave. After using a Parker Variant adjustable I find an open comb razor much better.
Did you use a shallow angle?Happy for you! Your technique is clearly better than mine then. I still have nightmares about the R41![]()
I don’t remember but I was probably gung ho in my approach. I’ve since learned to respect open combs...and brand new FeathersDid you use a shallow angle?

For sure, you do have to respect open combs, after all you have no safety bar to kinda fall back on. I don’t think I have tried a feather in an open comb yet.....so watch this space! I have used a feather blade numerous times in a safety bar razor and they still need to be respected but again for me they go through wiry stubble with ease.I don’t remember but I was probably gung ho in my approach. I’ve since learned to respect open combs...and brand new Feathers![]()
Maybe technique, but probably more like good luck.It will probably bite back at some point!Happy for you! Your technique is clearly better than mine then. I still have nightmares about the R41![]()
So much so, the wife has just asked what the aftershave was I had put on and promptly told me to order a bottle!Today’s haul......
Tried the Scottish Spirit sample and all I can say is very nice, lovely scent.
Stay focusedMaybe technique, but probably more like good luck.It will probably bite back at some point!
