Feather shaves

Mark12

Forum GOD!
Haven’t tried them yet, but have a dispenser inbound from Maggard. It’ll be interesting to compare them to the Kai guarded blades.
Thanks. Will look forward to hearing your thoughts on them. If there's one thing I find with the AC blades - which isn't really a complaint - is that they're unforgivingly sharp. Anything uneven on the face they'll whip straight off 👍
 

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
Has anyone used the pink Feather Softguard blades. These are apparently the mildest of the bunch according to AI.

Thoughts?

Thanks
M

I have not, @Mark12. I've read the metal guards on the Pro Guard blade can cause skin irritation. If it were me, and since you have experience with a RBSR, I'd consider the unguarded "Lights" which provides less blade exposure. That said, over time you might be able to modify how you shave those more sensitive areas.
 

Mark12

Forum GOD!
I have not, @Mark12. I've read the metal guards on the Pro Guard blade can cause skin irritation. If it were me, and since you have experience with a RBSR, I'd consider the unguarded "Lights" which provides less blade exposure. That said, over time you might be able to modify how you shave those more sensitive areas.
I was very lucky that Mike sent me a single blade of every Feather/Kai type with the Shield Razor - bar the Pink Softguard - and I was thinking of trying the green one next which has less exposure and no guards rather than switch to the Kai Pro Touch MG guarded. I think what you're saying has a lot of sense to it. It's just that area of skin under my lower lip on the chin which gets very upset easily 👍
 

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
I don’t have any advice for that area @Mark12 except slow and a light touch which I have to practice using any holder or honed straight. I’ve experienced cuts or weepers using Schick injectors and various DE’s. Less so with straights probably because I am more cautious.
 
Top