Despite a completely frustrating day with medicine, pharmacy and manufacturer, my new Woody was delivered hours ahead of UPS’ scheduled window. That doesn’t happen often,
and the Woody razor looks so good, so I’m going to say it outweighed the stupid medicine debacle.
But let’s focus on the razor instead, eh?
For one thing, the Kai feels lighter to me than either of the Feathers I’m rotating. Perhaps it’s the difference between the wood versus “plastic” scales, idk. I have an old triple beam balance in the closet and will weigh them all tomorrow afternoon.
In use, this was the first time I ventured into three pass territory with an RBSR. Woody was nimble and gentle. So gentle! Plus, I also did some touchups on my neck in one spot. I bring this up because for two points. 1, the glaring similarity in face feel between the AC blades
in the RBSRs and GEM
and injector blades in their respective holders. I think this is a fair comparison, relative to how these blades
work for me compared to DE blades. Which brings me to 2,
all three of the more rigid blade formats leave my post shave lower neck area in better shape compared to thinner DE blades. By that, I mean “cooler” (as it were). When shaving with DE blades for the first few minutes after finishing up, the skin on my lower neck appears to be an ever so slightly different shade of skin tone compared to the rest of my shaved face - even when there’s zero sting or feedback from alum of aftershave splash. It took me over a decade to come to this realization.
To make a comparison to the Feathers, I loaded Woody with a fresh Kai Pink guarded blade which is what I’m using in the SR and DX. Now, is it odd that I needed three passes and touchups with Woody to achieve the same results I get with the Feathers after two passes? Perhaps. Idk right now. I will faceturbate during the day tomorrow and make an evaluation at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon which will be 24 hours later.
There seem to be fewer and less pronounced ridged areas on the blade (jimps?). And, day yum! It’s a real looker, if you ask me! I’ll photograph the holders together for comparison shots tomorrow afternoon.
Can’t think of too much more to add right now.