Thank you for "dipping" today @p.bView attachment 183513
I enjoyed using the Kamisori format so I’m itching to pull the trigger on a Feather SS. I did prefer the SS to the SR folding as it felt easier to use and I only dip into using these AC razors periodically
![]()
SOTD: Saturday 26 September to Friday 2 October 2026
RAZOR: Yaqi Thalia 316L Chippendale Handle BLADE: Personna GEM Platinum Diamond Glide DE BRUSH: Restored Ever-Ready Faux Ivory 18mm Silvertip Badger LATHER: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Soap POST: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave Lotionwww.atgshaving.com
to this place 
Happy for your success today.This seemed more a more efficient shave than Monday’s. Previously with this holder and blade I needed three passes and touchups to reach 9/10. Today was only two passes with some minor touchups around the van dyke for the same result.
Muscles and brain are starting to work more as a team. It was bound to happen. What I wasn’t expecting was how quickly my hands and brain would accept and adapt to shaving with a RBSR. Who knew?
View attachment 183518
This is the vendor in Japan who sold me my SR. Also available at Connaught. I’d have bought it there but Feather doesn’t permit him to ship to the States.I enjoyed using the Kamisori format so I’m itching to pull the trigger on a Feather SS. I did prefer the SS to the SR folding as it felt easier to use and I only dip into using these AC razors periodically
I have not used a pivoting head, but i think i understand your comparison, and it’s a good one to describe what’s happening .@Twelvefret, you’ve mentioned that you adapt to each razor’s “idiosyncrasies” by rolling the angle at which the blade interacts with your skin. I saw today in my mirror that what I was doing may be similar to the motion you described. And then I recognized it consciously. It’s likely the same technique that one acquires when switching from pivoting head carts to fixed head designs. Have never used a pivoting head cart, it was a technique that was intuitively easy when I switched over from the old Trac II to DE and SE razors all those years ago.
Do you have access to Amazon UK? The Feather Store is an affiliated with Amazon in the US.Hmmm- if I want a SS with a wine coloured handle I need to buy from Razor Emporium which with shipping is £110 (I can’t buy from eBay as the cheap ones won’t ship to UK) or I get a black one from Connaught for £90…
Feather razors aren’t sold on Amazon UK.Do you have access to Amazon UK? The Feather Store is an affiliated with Amazon in the US.
Just for reference, the price on amazon is $94 here.Feather razors aren’t sold on Amazon UK.![]()