Excited to be back!

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I guess it's a "Brave New World.." and I'm too old to change. Honestly, all this stuff has my head spinning! I wish no one any ill will, but I must say that I preferred life when it was simpler.. Guys were guys, and gals were gals, and we always know which bathroom to use.
I'm not one prone to political correctness for it's own sake, or pronouns to distinguish people apart. Honestly, I still don't understand what it's all about, but, just say your name, and if there's goodness in your heart, you're OK by me.

All that said.. welcome to ATG.
It is all rather complex. It can be so easy to accidentally call someone he instead of she and upset them when no harm was ever intended. I always try and focus on the name. On occasion I have got it wrong and a swift apology has sorted it out. However that’s with students who I deal with and they know me well enough not to take offence. Each to their own and live life how you want and be happy, with out fear or scorn from others.

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
I certainly hope that my post did not come off as being disrespectful.. I did not mean it that way! But, one must also understand that perhaps the older generation just does not understand all these new protocols... 'Nuff said on this..

I'd like to welcome the OP to the forum...

Last edited: