That's not how their managing director explained it on the German forum.No Dovo Stahlwaren is the parent company that owns both brands.
I’m a bit bemused by the message that they will concentrate on razors as their core product - I thought straight razors was their only product but must be wrong.
They also make scissors and manicure sets amongst other things.I’m a bit bemused by the message that they will concentrate on razors as their core product - I thought straight razors was their only product but must be wrong.
I would say the Merkur 45 has been discontinued for a few years now.Their web site doesn't mention the Merkur 45 anymore.
That would be a sad loss.
And Connaught Shaving say "Discontinued" on their site.
Well, I've got one.
No shipping to the UK? Or the EU? Hmmm... good thing I don't need one...If anyone still wants a Merkur 45, they are still available https://www.fendrihan.ca/collection...5-bakelite-double-edge-safety-razor-with-case .
Bob
The 45 was still listed in their 2019 catalogue.I would say the Merkur 45 has been discontinued for a few years now.