Do you buy soap or tubs?

RussellR5555

Forum GOD!
I like the soap , all about the performance , that said I love the ceramic dish the Pannacrema comes in and bought Mdc in a Butter dish but thats the best of both worlds. As the Soap is outstanding , so soap and performance first for me.
 

J-B-M

Forum GOD!
If I don't like it I'll give you first refusal if you like?
I probably shouldn't because I was forgetting that I am about to get a £1000 invoice for MRI scans on both knees...but by all means hit me up if it doesn't appeal. 'I can resist everything except temptation.'
 

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
You just made me fall for that too ! Order placed !!
The scent is quite nice, nice thick lather.

If you went for the splash too, give it a shake before you use it each time. It seems to separate in the bottle, the first few applications were clear liquid, gave it a shake and its got a brown tinge to it.
 

Martini

Forum GOD!
Soap almost all of the time. I’m not a huge fan of some tubs where it looks like someone has Photoshopped a lemon on to a donkey’s back (I won’t name names) but really the metrics of the soap are what I’m going for
This particular soap (Grooming Dept Lemon Bay) is one of the best performing soaps, imo (donkey milk, duck fat, lamb tallow, many oils, amino acids ... ) with a great post shave feel. I couldn't care less for the label (one of the worst) or the tub. I paid the high cost for what's inside, not to mention the beautiful scent - a rare find for across the pond product.
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I typically buy the soap. I don't care so much about what it comes in so long as it won't dry out on me over the long haul due to my many soap/cream rotation. @Wayne 's post made me think about something though. Specifically, many of us who wnat to have a nice "display". What popped into my head was "Who are we displaying this stuff for?" I don't have friends come over who can ogle at my shaving collection. It's pretty much just for me. No one else seems to care about my shaving gear. Just one of the many quirks of being a classic wet shaving enthusiast I suppose. :D
 

pimple8

Forum GOD!
Considering these days every soap is a good soap, the formula/performance for me is no longer a parameter for searching a soap.
So it's scent mainly, but a good looking label certainly helps.
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Considering these days every soap is a good soap, the formula/performance for me is no longer a parameter for searching a soap.
So it's scent mainly, but a good looking label certainly helps.
I too use scent to a significant degree when choosing a soap or cream. But I have definitely found variations in the level of performance among different soaps and creams. So I still will research peformance pretty carefully before pulling the trigger. When possible I will buy a sample before I spring for a full tup or tube.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
I understand the soap and scent are the main priorities when choosing soap but you can be swayed by a label sometimes l, say when choosing a Barbershop or single note scent such as Lavender, or is it just me? Lol.
 

owlman

Forum GOD!
My rotation is large enough that I use a lot of soaps maybe once or twice a year at best, so actual performance is often no longer that big of a factor. I look for scent and label. I sometimes buy soaps because of the label even if I'm not wild about the scent, but I won't buy scents that interest me with a label I don't like.
 
Top