Crown King - UK Supplier?

Douglas_1

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Yes you are not alone, I have talked to many people who share the same view.

Interesting to witness how dishonesty can not only damage the person being dishonest but also the length of time it is remembered by others. I certainly disagree with what he did, and can understand why he did it. But who would of thought of the consequences of being found out, obviously not him.
Hello Fox,
If you have any questions or concerns about what transpired in the past I would love to share our side of the story, especially with a fellow artisan. I'll be the first to admit I made a lot of dumb mistakes in the beginning that i'm not proud of and that I learned a lot from and am frankly still embarrassed and disappointed in myself by. There was also a lot of BS too that was thrown at me and Fran that simply was just that, BS. We have tried to be nothing but transparent since the inception of PAA and will continue on that course, we admit when we are at fault (own it) and learn from our mistakes. Look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers
D
 
Last edited:

BladeShark

Member
Douglas, your Switchback 400 is a very good remake of the Rubberset 400 design. I hope it does well for you. You are using a chrome plated zinc alloy, would you consider making this in aluminum?
 

Douglas_1

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Douglas, your Switchback 400 is a very good remake of the Rubberset 400 design. I hope it does well for you. You are using a chrome plated zinc alloy, would you consider making this in aluminum?
LOL, already on it! I used ZInc to keep the cost down so I could offer 2 knots and add a bit more weight to the handle. I really enjoy the heft...but as I mentioned, the Aluminum model will be "done" next week, then it needs to be scent out to be anodized and then sent out again to be engraved. Sooooo, we are hopefully looking at September! In order to stick with a good weight these will be solid and not hollow like the original Rubberset, which itself was potmetal aluminum back in the day. YAY! :)
Lots of really cool stuff coming down the pipeline!
D
PS: Any tips on posting photos here? Uploading directly rather than relying on a link?
 

Acer89

James
Thanks for the reply @Douglas_1. Pleased you found my emails. Appears to be a tad of confusion because I did check with Stuart regarding the colour. Here's his response "The colour on Shaving Station is more reflective of the brushes we have in stock".


Not that it matters now as he's out of stock and I'm not sure when he'll order more but I'll keep checking the stock situation. Do you have any images of the newly designed logo to share with us?
Thanks
 
D

Deleted member 30

Guest
Hello Fox,
If you have any questions or concerns about what transpired in the past I would love to share our side of the story, especially with a fellow artisan. I'll be the first to admit I made a lot of dumb mistakes in the beginning that i'm not proud of and that I learned a lot from and am frankly still embarrassed and disappointed in myself by. There was also a lot of BS too that was thrown at me and Fran that simply was just that, BS. We have tried to be nothing but transparent since the inception of PAA and will continue on that course, we admit when we are at fault (own it) and learn from our mistakes. Look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers
D
Nothing to say other than what I have said. As a witness to the events that unfolded I stand pretty much on neutral territory regarding the whole incident. I'm shocked that you even bothered to reply to my post quite frankly. Why? I can't change the past and nor do I want you to drag me into a game of charades. So maybe best to leave things at that Doug. Your actions and time will be your greatest healer not words.

All the best
Darron
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Douglas_1

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Nothing to say other than what I have said. As a witness to the events that unfolded I stand pretty much on neutral territory regarding the whole incident. I'm shocked that you even bothered to reply to my post quite frankly. Why? I can't change the past and nor do I want you to drag me into a game of charades. So maybe best to leave things at that Doug. Your actions and time will be your greatest healer not words.

All the best
Darron
My point being, you only know what has unfolded, echoed and been regurgitated in certain forums; a lot of baseless rumors and accusations. I replied because you seemed to have brought it up (or piggybacked on a comment) in a thread about a brush, nothing to do with anything more than a brush and us honestly missing the emails...hardly a nefarious act. These barbs add zero value to the topic aside from bringing negativity. I expect this now and again from some people it just shocks me when it comes from another vendor who I have never met or spoken with. I didn't find your comments neutral but meanspirited & gossipy. A neutral response may be something like, "maybe something is going on, try contacting the vendor another way" or maybe just saying nothing. Whatever you wrote and for whatever reason was neither helpful or neutral. If a customers email accidentally ended up in your spam folder, which happened in this case, I'm sure you would appreciate the benefit of the doubt and not to have a thread turn into anything more than a conversation about the relevant topic.
I wish you well however and I hope this makes my reason for reply more clear.
Cheers
D
 
Last edited:

Douglas_1

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Thanks for the reply @Douglas_1. Pleased you found my emails. Appears to be a tad of confusion because I did check with Stuart regarding the colour. Here's his response "The colour on Shaving Station is more reflective of the brushes we have in stock".


Not that it matters now as he's out of stock and I'm not sure when he'll order more but I'll keep checking the stock situation. Do you have any images of the newly designed logo to share with us?
Thanks
I do have images on my PAA site under CK Brushes. Those are the most recent. is it ok to post a link here or even better...how do I post a photo? :)
sincerely
D
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I do have images on my PAA site under CK Brushes. Those are the most recent. is it ok to post a link here or even better...how do I post a photo? :)
sincerely
D
Douglas if you register as a vendor and then post to the vendors section directly that would be best.
 

Douglas_1

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Douglas if you register as a vendor and then post to the vendors section directly that would be best.
I must be missing this...is it the vendor/news forum? Thanks Sir! Need I reregister?
Thank You
 
Last edited:

Douglas_1

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Thanks for the reply @Douglas_1. Pleased you found my emails. Appears to be a tad of confusion because I did check with Stuart regarding the colour. Here's his response "The colour on Shaving Station is more reflective of the brushes we have in stock".


Not that it matters now as he's out of stock and I'm not sure when he'll order more but I'll keep checking the stock situation. Do you have any images of the newly designed logo to share with us?
Thanks
Note: My photo is on the left, Shaving Station Photo on the right...it's his photo, bad quality. Hope this helps!
D
PS: I love Stu but he needs some help in his photo skills, lol. I contacted him however (thanks to you) and told him to grab my photos. Another thing, you posted the Duro Knot, as did I...Stu seems to only have the SUAVE Knot version.
 

Attachments

Last edited:

BladeShark

Member
LOL, already on it! I used ZInc to keep the cost down so I could offer 2 knots and add a bit more weight to the handle. I really enjoy the heft...but as I mentioned, the Aluminum model will be "done" next week, then it needs to be scent out to be anodized and then sent out again to be engraved. Sooooo, we are hopefully looking at September! In order to stick with a good weight these will be solid and not hollow like the original Rubberset, which itself was potmetal aluminum back in the day. YAY! :)
Lots of really cool stuff coming down the pipeline!
That's wonderful news. I look forward to seeing these come out.
 
D

Deleted member 30

Guest
My point being, you only know what has unfolded, echoed and been regurgitated in certain forums; a lot of baseless rumors and accusations. I replied because you seemed to have brought it up (or piggybacked on a comment) in a thread about a brush, nothing to do with anything more than a brush. It adds zero value to the topic aside from bringing negativity. I expect this now and again from some people just shocks me when from another vendor who I have never met or spoken with.
Cheers
D
OK thanks for clearing things up.

Right back to my holiday!
 
Top