Chinese DE Blades

DaltonGang

Forum GOD!
Let me say that I have taken two Chinese DE blades further than most well known blades. Both Platinum coated.
Suneko was good for 52 shaves, before it started to tug.
IZR "Iguetta" is at 48 shaves, and still going.
So, open your minds, and experiment with blades that aren't well known. You might be surprised. I am in the process of experimenting with others as well.

Zorro

Forum GOD!
I got a tuck of the Super Shave X Platinum a while back and tried a couple of them and they were really nice and smooth for me.

Kind of like a more refined Derby blade. Super smooth, but not that sharp and they were good for 3 shaves

Wrong End Chihuahua

Über Member
Just used a Jifuli Platinum Edge on a morning stubble. I shave daily.

Pros: very "safe" blade, no nicks, no irritation, not super smooth but not scratchy or unpleasant to use. Three hours after shaving the skin feels great and the new stubble is just barely starting to be noticeable to touch.

Cons: this is not a sharp blade. Even in a Maggard V3A head, which is a medium-aggressive one, it required extra cleanup. Also, I doubt that it would last long, unless it's one of these platinum blades that noticeably sharpen up after the first shave. I typically get up to 7 shaves out of my blades, although usually toss them after 5.

Price: currently $5.88 per 100 on Ali (without first-time buyer deals or points). Compared to Astra SP at $8.38 on Amazon, this is not a good deal since Astra is a superior quality blade, and likely to last twice as long.

Conclusion: Not a bad blade if you're a "one and done" kind of shaver, and like mild uneventful shaves. Does require a fairly efficient razor to get good results.

Falcon50

Let me say that I have taken two Chinese DE blades further than most well known blades. Both Platinum coated.
Suneko was good for 52 shaves, before it started to tug.
I received my package of Suneko blades via AliExpress only 8 days after ordering.

I've only shaved with the blade twice, and I while I don't have a lot of experience with tons of different blades, it seems excellent. It seems as sharp as any I have tried, including all of the most expensive blades I've sampled. Seems perceptibly sharper than Gillette Silver Blue to me.

I'm using it in a Tatara Masamune. I'm fortunate to have a light beard that's easy to shave, and this blade seems great for me. Smooth, easy shave. No nicks. No burn.

I paid $11.13 for 100 blades. They cost $9.81 per hundred if order 300 blades. That's amazing value.

I was prompted to try these blades partly because I've ordered from AliExpress several times in the last two years. Every different product I've received has arrived without difficulty, and has been identical, better, or just as good as the alternative from U.S. retailers at far lower cost. I'm sorry to not be supporting a domestic retailer in this case, but Jeff Bazos has more than enough billions of dollars already. And I've ordered other things from RBC and Maggards.

I'll post again after more extended trial.

DaltonGang, thanks again for the review.

Last edited: