Charcoal Goods shipping advise

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
Shipping is a mess. Holiday shipping is a mess with panic, unhinged emotion, and mass confusion. I don’t see anything there that isn’t freakishly close to the truth.

In other news
I ordered a brass level two today. I hope it gets here this year and i live the same State.
 

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
That is a well known failing on the web when where is no other supporting context like there is when speaking in person. He would have been much farther ahead to have just said that they are having problems with their third party shipper and are endeavouring to rectify that situation.

Bob
I think he's going for a less cold, more accessible tone that aligns to a small community. I think he missed the mark somewhat and I would also note that the tone doesn't align with his website, which has a more professional tone. That said for the most part, I get where he's coming from on all points, speaking to well documented issues with USPS and theft of items being out of his control.
 

R181

Grumpy old man
I think he's going for a less cold, more accessible tone that aligns to a small community. I think he missed the mark somewhat and I would also note that the tone doesn't align with his website, which has a more professional tone. That said for the most part, I get where he's coming from on all points, speaking to well documented issues with USPS and theft of items being out of his control.
Yea, I have heard a lot of bitching about USPS but I have over the years had good service from the US to Canada from them and will not use UPS or other courier services when shipping from the US to Canada. Within Canada I also prefer Canada Post over the courier services.

Bob
 

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
My sister-in-law and I had a conversation yesterday related to this. We were discussing doctors and agreed the more brilliant the doctor the less we care about their bedside manner.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Whatever the reason. If he is having trouble with his courier that is his problem and his alone. He gets a better carrier, that is his job as a business owner, to source the very best partners for his needs and the needs of the customer. It is no good bitching about them and taking it out on the customer.
 

R181

Grumpy old man
My sister-in-law and I had a conversation yesterday related to this. We were discussing doctors and agreed the more brilliant the doctor the less we care about their bedside manner.
The topic of the tread has nothing to do with brilliance or bedside manner. It has everything to do with clear concise communications the meaning and intent of which cannot be easily misunderstood/misinterpreted by the customer.

Bob
 

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
He could be the best Razor manufacturer in the whole World but if he cannot get his product to you intact and on time then he is about as much use as a Chocolate Teapot.
I don’t disagree
It would seem his communication skills are lacking and yet, he makes a fine razor. I’m not going to punish him for that. I cannot speak to the woes of terrible shipping because everything I’ve ordered thus far has had no shipping issues whatsoever.
 

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
The topic of the tread has nothing to do with brilliance or bedside manner. It has everything to do with clear concise communications the meaning and intent of which cannot be easily misunderstood/misinterpreted by the customer.

Bob
Bedside manner is all about clear concise communication and I find his razors to be pretty awesome.
 

R181

Grumpy old man
Bedside manner is all about clear concise communication and I find his razors to be pretty awesome.
I consider good bedside manner not being an abrupt blunt peanut which some surgeons have been in personal experiencing. It is the manner in which the information is given. What has the fact/opinion that his razors are pretty awesome got to do with clear concise communications?

Bob

Where did "peanut" come from.
 
Last edited:

Wintermute

Forum GOD!
As this is a mainly UK based forum and we're blessed with Royal Mail I wonder if we're missing the context of US postal issues. That's not to excuse the terrible wording of the email but maybe he has lots more issues in the US than he would here with a more realiable postal service.
 

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
It’s a badly worded email but I assume he did it because he’s been bombarded with complaints over things he doesn’t have a lot of control over within the postal system. Not excusing the passive aggressive nature of the email. It’s clearly meant to be tongue in cheek, but the wording implies you’re largely on your own if something goes wrong.
 

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
In the UK we would say it sounds like he has 'thrown his teddy out of his cot'. Probably due to all the points mentioned are firing back at him.
There are better ways and means of expressing the situation, this is not it.
I always like the look of the pieces when I see them, would I buy one? I'm sorry but no.
 
Top