Brush of the day BOTD

pjgh

Forum GOD!
Omega 98 in white?

No, the first white one I've seen.......very nice indeed. :) P.
The chap I bought it from got it like that. Looking at the logo it would appear to have been covered. It is black inside if you crack it open, knot from the handle. I can't quite tell if it's something like PlastiKote, a shrinkwrap sleeve, maybe dipped; it's very neat lined inside and I suspect professionally done.
 

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
Omega 98 in white?



The chap I bought it from got it like that. Looking at the logo it would appear to have been covered. It is black inside if you crack it open, knot from the handle. I can't quite tell if it's something like PlastiKote, a shrinkwrap sleeve, maybe dipped; it's very neat lined inside and I suspect professionally done.
Possibly a one off brush then, even better! :) P.
 

TobyC

Patriot
For the next few days, I'll be lathering up with my new (to me) Omega 98 ... in white! Anyone seen a white one before?

I've seen them on the internet, wish they didn't have the metal ring, could really do without the black one next to the bristles too.
 

pjgh

Forum GOD!
... must have my google terms wrong as I can't find another single example. I'm not perturbed by the black next to the bristles and side by side with a black brush, it looks fine.
 

TobyC

Patriot
... must have my google terms wrong as I can't find another single example. I'm not perturbed by the black next to the bristles and side by side with a black brush, it looks fine.
I can't find one either, but I saw one somewhere, just 2 or 3 days ago. :blush:
 

pjgh

Forum GOD!
I can't find one either, but I saw one somewhere, just 2 or 3 days ago. :blush:
... probably the advert from the guy selling it. He was giving it away with a more expensive badger brush but he was a really good guy and split that sale for me, for just the boar. I really don't like badger. He's since sold the badger too, so everyone it happy.
 

pjgh

Forum GOD!
PlastiKote it is! You did a smashing job, Paul @p.b - really neat around the underside of the knot top. As a brush, it goes really nicely with my favourite ceramic dish Marmite soap. I kinda have a thing for a white and black brush of the same type. My shaving fung shui is improved with this in my life, so I'll say thank you! The fellow I bought it from didn't know the history, or wasn't aware. Curiously, what was your rationale? Just wanted a white one?

Right! I'm going to enjoy it right now ...
 

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
..... and 'hands up'. I am the guy he got it from. Took me a while but I have tracked it back on the forum to a 6 x giveaway by p.b. I came in 5th and chose this. I did not even remember this and nothing had ever been mentioned about the paint job. I feel a bit guilty now in selling it ( although not for too many squids ) but at the end of the day everybody seems happy and the funds go towards my still awaited 'Bodger' from Portugal.
 
  • Like
Reactions: p.b

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
I painted it 😉

Rubbed down, Plastic printer and several coats of plasticote (from memory). Hope you enjoy it.
I have been inspired by you and the brush handle you painted, so much so that I'm going to do a paint job on a Shavemac handle I don't like the colour of.
At the moment it is red coral and it will be satin black once I finished with it.
I have ordered a can of Plasti-Kote primer and paint and will crack on on the next fine day.......watch this space! :) P.
 
Top