Brush of the day BOTD

Dr Watson

James
The 57 mm one was too stiff for my liking, probably due to the large glue bump and lower loft. On the other hand, the 64 mm was a bit unwieldy (not exactly floppy), but more enjoyable. If they could make 26 x 57-60 mm loft with no glue bump, it would probably be exactly to my taste.
Just a thought, but have you considered an Antica Barberia brush? According to Jacobite both the Colla and Mondial variants are the same brush with a different label and he has them both so should know... Supposed to be the best of both worlds.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mondial-Boar-Shaving-Brush-Shiny-Aluminium-/302166732168

Mr Mackay

Forum GOD!
@Dr Watson

I was looking at the Mondials a few months ago... I think I decided against them because I read somewhere they had large glue bumps. I was afraid this could make them too stiff, like the 57 mm Zenith I had already tried. That being said, I might buy one in the future, just to see for myself if they're bringing anything new to the table.

Dr Watson

James
@Dr Watson

I was looking at the Mondials a few months ago... I think I decided against them because I read somewhere they had large glue bumps. I was afraid this could make them too stiff, like the 57 mm Zenith I had already tried. That being said, I might buy one in the future, just to see for myself if they're bringing anything new to the table.
Likewise really, they've been on my radar for 18 months or so now but I'm yet to take the plunge. If I get one I'll tag you with my findings.

oscar11

Forum GOD!
@Dr Watson I have the ABC brush, the Zenith your talking about, the Mondial, plus a Thater boar. I liked them all but the Mondial which I relofted in another handle but I don't remember exactly why. I won't mess with a brush I like but if I don't they're fair game for a remodeling job. (L to R) ABC, Zenith, Thater, remodeled Mondial and a remodeled big Omega. The big Omega is my choice you can just do so much with them. Notice the knot color the Omega is more straw colored.

Last edited:

Dr Watson

James
@Dr Watson I have the ABC brush, the Zenith your talking about, the Mondial, plus a Thater boar. I liked them all but the Mondial which I relofted in another handle but I don't remember exactly why. I won't mess with a brush I like but if I don't they're fair game for a remodeling job.
Would you agree with Jacobite (I won't tag him as I don't think he visits here anymore) that the ABC and ABM brushes are identical?