Brush of the day BOTD

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
That's a beauty. Sure would like to acquire one.

Ed K.
A lovely short scrubby brush
That's a beauty. Sure would like to acquire one.

Ed K.
Thank you, I believe Bernd still has these on his website (standard not LE) under the 173 handle, the colour of the above being blue denim. A short scrubby knot without any scritch, 24mm. Having a short loft, some lather does run down the handle with most soaps.

Dr Watson

James
Handsome. Is that the Razorock 400? I have the orange or butterscotch version of the RR400 with the Plissoft Noir knot. The glue bump makes it too stiff for my taste.
Certainly is, received it this morning. I had the butterscotch one previously and wanted to revisit this style of knot as I never really gave it a fair trial. I'll use it for a couple of weeks, if it's not to taste I'll remove it and fit something else (probably a Cashmere) as the handle is worth saving I think.

Redrock

Forum GOD!
A lovely short scrubby brush

Thank you, I believe Bernd still has these on his website (standard not LE) under the 173 handle, the colour of the above being blue denim. A short scrubby knot without any scritch, 24mm. Having a short loft, some lather does run down the handle with most soaps.
Thanks for the info. However, I found one of the original LEs and it is on the way to me. I am very fortunate to have acquired one. It is a great looking brush.

Ed K.

Dr Watson

James
Handsome. Is that the Razorock 400? I have the orange or butterscotch version of the RR400 with the Plissoft Noir knot. The glue bump makes it too stiff for my taste.
Didn't take me long, this knot is awful... Now I remember why I didn't give it a chance before :happy: It's super springy & lacks density, I wonder if this style of knot is the same as the one found in the Kent Infinity but dyed black? Certainly feels like it.

Now, do I replace it with an Omega boar knot, Maggard 2-Band badger or an APShave synth? Hmm :confused:

Last edited: