Blade longevity conundrum

chazt

shave
Not I! Knowing me, I would probably slice my hand to ribbons.

steve
Yikes! Steve, it’s easier and safer than you think. Thumb and forefinger on either side of the blade’s center hole. Open your other hand and swipe downward (3-5x), toward the pinky side of your palm. Rotate the blade 180 and do it again. Flip the blade over and repeat. I find that palm stropping brings me immediately to the desired “second shave” smoothness with the blade’s first use.
 

Badger

Senior Member
Thanks all for the replies. Overthinking it was the best suggestion. Tried 6 different blades. Bic Platinum my favourite. £9.99 for 100 blades is nearly a year of shaving. Extending it past that seems daft.
luckily my executive outlaw has a logo on one end under the base plate. Pass one, use logo up. Pass two, logo down. 3 up. Place in stand logo away from me so I pick up where I left off.
that’s all I’ll do. At 19p (ish) per week, no need to worry. Ha ha.
 

Andy_Shaves

Forum GOD!
I use a new blade on each of my shaves with the DE razors.
Using a Feather type blade in a SE razor then it's a max of 7 shaves.
 

R181

Grumpy old man
Blade longevity is not a conundrum. If you want, use until they are too dull for you or use a new blade every shave. It all works. I can't see flipping a blade as the same edge does the cutting no matter what side you use. Lastly, for my whiskers and shaving technique I normally get 7 shaves off a DE blade. That is a 4-pass shave every day for a week. Not everyone has the same whiskers, shaving technique or maybe not as cheap as I am. As usual, do what works for you.

Bob
 
Top