Blackland Vector SE razor (AC type)

Wayne

Forum Sod
Hi

Just wondering where you buy these blades from? I'm being lazy and assuming you've done all the leg work to work out the best place to buy!

I love my 'goose, so after such praise I feel in should try them! Lol.

Matt
PM me your addy and I'll send you one to try before you buy.
 

mji

Forum GOD!
I want my vector!!! :cry:

I’m liking the reports of no charges though! Fingers crossed. Mine has passed through the “facility” so hopefully any day now...
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
Third shave today. Strangely I experience some drag again (used Wholly Kaw in place of Eufros but both are well known soaps and equally slick so I don't think they are influencing the shaves) but the results are excellent. Close and smooth and comfortable. I'm going to bin this Feather Pro after tomorrows shave. Usually I'll get 5 shaves out of a Pro and tomorrow will only be the forth shave but I'm keen to use a Schick P20 in this razor.
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Fourth shave with mine, today, and a very small nick in the moustache area for the first time. I felt it, immediately, and pretty sure it was from one of those sharp corners of the cap. This is actually the first time I've felt anything, only being aware of them when the razor's been disassembled for cleaning. The APR soap provides excellent slickness and the previously commented upon drag was, again, insignificant. I'm wondering if the forthcoming polished version would eliminate that entirey.
 

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
From memory I think I feel the blade more in the Vector but I can't be sure until I do a back to back which will probably be Fri/Sat time. Mt memory of the General is that it's almost boringly good and undramatic.
That was my issue with the General.
It was fantastically efficient and smooth, I like to feel the blade
 

george1906

Veteran
I have the SS and brass Generals and blade feel is more on the SS. The Vector has a bit more blade feel than the SS General and I use Feather Supers in all of them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
I think it’s worth noting that I added a touch of blade feel because I’ve found that most customers at this price point are advanced and tend to enjoy feeling the blade. You can make a razor almost as efficient without blade feel, but I think it really adds to the experience. Throw in a Super Pro if you really want to step up the blade feel.
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
I think it’s worth noting that I added a touch of blade feel because I’ve found that most customers at this price point are advanced and tend to enjoy feeling the blade. You can make a razor almost as efficient without blade feel, but I think it really adds to the experience. Throw in a Super Pro if you really want to step up the blade feel.
That's what I like about the Blackbird. It's like an older Porsche 911 - you shouldn't get complacent.
 

neko

Drinking a nice cup of tea
I had my second shave this morning with the Vector loaded with a Feather professional and it was sublime. Smooth, efficient and great blade feel, you know exactly what the razor is doing at all times. Time to try the Feather super pros.
 
Last edited:
Top