Blackland Vector SE razor (AC type)

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
A great shave. Schick Proline and the Vector were meant to be. 1st shave in but, I’m impressed with the mild feel on the face with excellent efficiency. Nice, neutral balance that feels great in the hands. I believe the handle is just about perfect in length and grip with a good balance. Not much blade reveal but, it cuts deceptively good. More shaves to follow with my Feathers & Kai’s. Good start. Correction, great start.....

939E6979-F3F9-4621-A02B-5BDBB094ABCF.jpeg
 

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Thanks @Str8Mug Nice to see some being delivered. Mine's in San Francisco and I only paid for the cheap international delivery, but hopefully it'll catch a plane soon.
Be patient brother. It’s worth the wait, trust me. A mild, no, that’s the wrong word. A super smooth feeling razor with a real nice efficient feel to it. Just really nice on the face......
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
A super smooth feeling razor with a real nice efficient feel to it. Just really nice on the face......
Sounds perfect.

When asked the secret of his success F1 driver Alain Prost said it was that he drove as slow as possible. I like to have a razor that's as comfortable / smooth as possible. Of course, for me, the unsaid requirement is that I still end up with a DFS at the end.
 

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Just to reiterate on my first impressions on the Vector and in comparison to other razors. Feels like nothing else that I have. I own an Rx, El Jefe & MR-SE (both from Ikon) Brass General, SS General, SS DLC Hawk, Cobra Classic, Claymore V2 and a couple of GEM razors like the Clog - Pruf, Sabre and a Contour. Honestly, the Vector doesn’t share any traits or very many characteristics of those mentioned above.

It’s light weight yet feels substantial and balanced. Highly maneuverable and very smooth everywhere on my face and neck. It’s a very quiet razor as it kind of hugs your face and sort of wipes the whiskers off very deceptively. Similar to the Rx & Cobra but, not the same as it has a bit smaller profile. Has a tiny bit of the El Jefe vibe but, it’s very light (the head that is). It’s a razor all it’s own truthfully. A modern masterpiece that brings a new shave feel that I'm sort of not familiar with in a very good way.

Update:
As to the shave feel and longevity it is still at a DFS level. I shaved at about 5 pm eastern US time and it's 8:30 am now. I feel a slight growth around Sir Adam but, that's normal. Everywhere else is damn near smooth.
 
Last edited:

beardyweirdy

Forum GOD!
Thanks for your impressions and the photos!
I had the aluminum General once and didn't get along with it, but this razor makes me want to try ACs again... I do have concerns about the comparatively heavy handle though, I think a hollow handle would be an interesting option. At least for me. :)

And what about the recess in the padding. Is there another head in the making?
 

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Thanks for your impressions and the photos!
I had the aluminum General once and didn't get along with it, but this razor makes me want to try ACs again... I do have concerns about the comparatively heavy handle though, I think a hollow handle would be an interesting option. At least for me. :)

And what about the recess in the padding. Is there another head in the making?
I explored a hollow handle, but then the whole thing becomes too light. This handle is the perfect heft and doesn’t leave it unbalanced.

The extra hole in the packaging is to keep my options open in case I decide to have OC or a different aggressiveness level, neither of which are in the works.
 
Top