Blackland Vector SE razor (AC type)

george1906

Veteran
REALLY looking forward to this one!! Shane, are you going to make us wait again to see the handle design like you did with the Dart? Can you at least tell us the length of the handle again?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

ajc347

Forum GOD!
That head looks gorgeous. Hopefully it will shave as well as it looks. [emoji846]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Another one for the review panel IMO. I see lots of subjective opinions once again; 'most comfortable', 'closest' and 'shaving bliss' again without parameters. No mention of how the blade feels on the face when compared to other AC SE razors, mention of drag compared to other Blackland razors or clogging etc. It would also be imperative to consider balance with the original handle unless the head is to be sold separately.
There will be plenty of time for proper reviews like that. This is just a tester who wanted to share his thoughts quickly on his own Instagram account. He’s not a reviewer.
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I’m under no pretensions. I mostly use razors that were made in the 1930s, 40s and 50s. I’ve used modern stuff from the Cobra to Wolfman, to the Bunny. Mongoose aside, the only razors from this decade that are currently in my possession are produced by Blackland... As such, I’m almost certain to give this a crack.
 

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Really looking forward to the release of this razor. Slim profile, stainless steel construction and backed by a top notch small business owner that has a stable of successful razors. And the kicker? You get a 30 day test drive no questions asked return policy. How many offer that? Right, count'em on one hand. Big props to Shane at Blackland for not taking it easy and sitting back and just ride his current crop of razors which he has every right to do. I appreciate and appluad his efforts in trying to bring something new to the game. Is anything ground breaking or revolutionary? No, but there's plenty of progressive thinking on his part in bringing current and modern designs to the wet shaving community, elegant art designed for the simple act of shaving. And shave tools that one day perhaps will be heirloom pieces passed down to our next of kin that can stand the test of time.

He's not the only one thinking out of the box and he's in the business to create, produce and earn a profit just as the rest of them are. Form and function, that's what he brings to the table. Is he at the top? I don't know as everyone will have a different opinion as to who or whom are tops but, I would say Blacklands is pretty close to being there imo.

Done with my commentary for the day...
 
Last edited:
Top