Blackland Vector SE razor (AC type)

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
...still waiting for some more reviews - although it's merely voyeurism as I know I'm still going to buy one.
There won't be more reviews until the Vector actually drops in a couple weeks. CDB, Ruds, and the Clean Shaver are the three reviewers I chose this time. Although Chris did a giveaway for his Vector so it's possible that whoever wins (won?) will share his thoughts.

Also, I'll be announcing the official release date this week. :)
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
There won't be more reviews until the Vector actually drops in a couple weeks. CDB, Ruds, and the Clean Shaver are the three reviewers I chose this time. Although Chris did a giveaway for his Vector so it's possible that whoever wins (won?) will share his thoughts.

Also, I'll be announcing the official release date this week. :)
OK - I'm surprised they each did only one video.
 
Last edited:

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
OK - I'm surprised they each did only one video.
Aside from preview vids that’s pretty much their style. Use it for a while and post one big review. While I’d love multiple videos, I don’t tell them what to do or ask them to do anything special. Scott does keep his social media very active and often posts mini-reviews or shave reports. We’ll have dozens of reviews in less than a month, thankfully!
 
  • Like
Reactions: p.b

beardyweirdy

Forum GOD!
Just came across the vector by accident. I love the design! Slim, lightweight and just one edge. Unfortunately the overlong AC blades are a deal breaker for me.
I'd love to see your approach on a razor that uses half DE blades though! Looks like your only competitors would be the flimsy Focus Dynamic and the brick-on-a-stick-Rocnel SE. :wink:
 

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Just came across the vector by accident. I love the design! Slim, lightweight and just one edge. Unfortunately the overlong AC blades are a deal breaker for me.
I'd love to see your approach on a razor that uses half DE blades though! Looks like your only competitors would be the flimsy Focus Dynamic and the brick-on-a-stick-Rocnel SE. :wink:
I have some designs for an SE/DE that are based off the Sabre, but I'm not sure I'll release them. It's a very niche product, even within the niche, so I'm unsure of how well it would sell. Plus the benefits are very small. Due to the dimensions of the blade, any three-piece design would put the blade and center post in the same spot. So you hack off the other safety bar and lather channels, basically, which doesn't lead to a very substantial reduction in size or mass.
 

lloydrm

Forum GOD!
I initially AC blades felt way too wide and awkward, even as an occasional str8 shaver. I felt almost like shaving with a squeegee, but then I got used to it.
Maybe a short vector taking injector size blades? I see Shane's point on the limited market size, though.
 

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
I initially AC blades felt way too wide and awkward, even as an occasional str8 shaver. I felt almost like shaving with a squeegee, but then I got used to it.
Maybe a short vector taking injector size blades? I see Shane's point on the limited market size, though.
I think the coolest part of an injector is the injector mechanism so any injector I make will likely be a proper injector.
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
I'm sure that last year the EU and NA clocks changed the same weekend - it seemed like such an advance of civilised co-operation that I'm really pissed that's it's different this year. Half my working day is spent in meetings with Germans, Turks and Americans so this staggered switch really screws over meeting attendance. Also this year Turkey decided that changing for summer time wasn't worth it so we've been 3 hours out of wack. FFS!

Rant over.
 
Top