Best SE out there?

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
For me I only have 2 SE's. OneBlade & Asylum Rx SE. But 2 completely different razors.

OneBlade = If you are a modern shaver still relying on a cartridge shave every now and then, this is the razor to have, but at the expense of being one of the more priciest razors in the market. Blade selection is extremely limited. And the required blade requires one to subscribe to the makers of the OneBlade system. Having said that, the shave it provides is excellent. Cartridge like, but with an se flavor to it. Hands down the easiest razor to use to get a BBS quality shave. So easy, a monkey can shave with it. :) Not a lot of skill or technique needed to use it. Lather, shave, rinse and done. I'm done in under 5 minutes with it. And it is a nice looking razor....

Asylum Rx = Aaah. My newfound Daily driver. Pure eye candy with its all S/S construction. The AC style blades that it uses are just awesome. The Rx is no OneBlade. Skill, technique and patience are required to tame this beast. But once you do, it is an exquisite hair removing razor that matches that of the ultimate razor, The venerable Straight razor. It's the closest thing to a straight razor shave you can get. Good balance, weight, and machining tolerances make this the ultimate SE and for me, the best safety razor I have ever used. Not cheap either, but blades are easy to find and prices are very reasonable. Plus, the blades last much longer than DE blades and are stiffer. More shaves for your money. This razor cured my RAD. I lust for nor desire another.....:smug:

Andrimus

Forum GOD!
For the new generation of SE shavers, the favorite is Rocnel50. It beats ATT SE 1 and 2. Even the general falls behind with claymore.
The hawk is my least favorite.

Grarea

Forum Plod
Injector with a twin blade.
Oh, that is technically not an SE I guess.
Would that make it a DE?

kypros

Forum GOD!
I wondered when the Rocnel SE50 would be mentioned. It's a great SE for me and I place it a little above the General in alum. ( I haven't received the brass yet). The possible problem for people is having the Allen key handy. The OB I would have to give it a first, even if not as smooth as the Rocnel or the General, but by demanding no technique to get BBs, it has to be given first place.

ajc347

Forum GOD!
For me, the best modern SE is the Mongoose (I've yet to try the ATT SE's though).

In terms of a vintage razor, I'd say a bullet tip is the best of the GEM & ER variants. :)

Chili

Try the razorock hawk..great price too. Have previously used schick injectors, this is a lot better I feel. Of course ymmv.