Barber Shop shaving

Dr Watson

James
Getting warmer but still no traditional straight razor in view just a shavette. :D

Bob
I think they're illegal to use on the public here? Will have to look it up. I wouldn't trust most barbers anywhere near my face with a shavette let alone a straight.
 

pimple8

Forum GOD!
Year straights are prohibited in some countries due to hygenic reasons.
Also, I think I saw in California even brushes can't be used in barbershops....

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
 

R181

Grumpy old man
I think they're illegal to use on the public here? Will have to look it up. I wouldn't trust most barbers anywhere near my face with a shavette let alone a straight.
I know they have been illegal for use on the public for quit a while here. Not using a straight razor goes against my concept of what a "traditional" shave means. I have the same issue with trust.

Bob
 

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
According to H&S regs:

  • making sure that sharp tools are only

    used by trained staff

  • - using a single use, disposable blade

    when using cut throat or straight- -

    edged razors on your clients

  • - never re-using the blades

    steve
 

R181

Grumpy old man
According to H&S regs:

  • making sure that sharp tools are only

    used by trained staff

  • - using a single use, disposable blade

    when using cut throat or straight- -

    edged razors on your clients

  • - never re-using the blades

    steve
There you go, as a traditional straight razor, sometimes referred to as a cut throat razor, does not have a single use disposable blade they are sol for use.

Bob
 

Dr Watson

James
According to H&S regs:

  • making sure that sharp tools are only

    used by trained staff

  • - using a single use, disposable blade

    when using cut throat or straight- -

    edged razors on your clients

  • - never re-using the blades

    steve
Risk of bloodborne disease contamination and subsequent infection is too high I suppose. Didn't Howard Carter snuff it after slicing his face open whilst shaving? Got all infected and shortly after he found himself on the same spiritual plane as King Tut himself :giggle:
 
Last edited:

dc68

-------------
"The shave" is only one part of the experience ( albeit central to the enjoyment), to me its the hot towels, the sensory impact and the relaxation are important too.
I am going to be enjoying a hamam when I take a break in a couple of weeks. I used to go to a turkish bath with my dad when I was a kid in Blackpool, however, i have never experienced this done on a level that seem to be offered where I am staying in Acre
 
Top