August acquisition

DesertIguana

Forum GOD!
Been thinning things out sold off some unopened soaps, some unwanted brushes, and some miscellaneous things that do not get used no longer. Wanted to raise funds for some Special made in UK Shave Cream, and Two better Brushes to replace worn out cheap el-chep-o junkers I have had for years..

Have purchase nothing for Wet Shaving, but want to replace some lower end items that do nothing but sit in plastic storage box in close closet floor. Ne ver use, or on will not reuse again.
 

Randy

Forum GOD!
IMG_20250806_221613.jpg


While I was packing my stuff to leave the house in a very bad mood (as almost always the last months), the "Sitting Buffalo" came..

Top Notes : Amalfi Lemon, Mandarin Orange
Middles Notes : Violet, Virginia Cedar, Coriander
Base Notes : Amber, Leather, Benzoin, French labdanum, Styrax

Beautiful scent, hommage to Only The Brave By Diesel, starts with a bright note, has good depth, very masculine and kinda heavy, but not overwhelming, definitely not for an old man, perfect if you do clubbing (I don't. At least not anymore). A clean, crisp scent with a twist. Bit close to Gucci Guilty (full black).

The splash is more powerful than the soap.

Let's see how the Hermes 2.0 performs..

I had a unscented sample of this formula, before the tweaks (and the release). It was a soap, so thirsty, that was barely usable for someone without any experience (not that I have much), especially if you overloaded. Behaved more like a cement, than a lather.

This one (2.0) is supposed to be more user friendly. We 'll see about that.

Price for the set, 20€ (+3€ shipping) , with a big summer discount from BBS.

This was the only set I bought from December 2024.
 
Last edited:
Top