Any Snooker players

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Any Snooker players out there ?

Back in the 80's I played on a regular basis. There were plenty of Snooker halls but these days it's hard to find tables anywhere. However I have just started playing again at the local conservative club. I am not much good but it's all gradually returning back to me. I have an old 30+ Riley Steve Davis copy cue, but alas it has developed a bend. The carpentry tutor at work thinks he can steam it straight, worth a go, or I may just get a new one. Person seems to be the brand these days.

I do enjoy a gamed it takes your mind off of everything.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I played in secondary school and uni. I continued playing in my first job over lunch until a customer saw me entering the billiard parlour, to play either snooker or billiards, down the street from where i worked and complained to the boss; this was in 1970 to put it in context. Since then I’ve played sporadically, but in my advancing years I’ve found it more and more difficult to make shots; it’s as though my eyes are no longer capable of coordinating with each other. I do like watching the pros on the tellie still.

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
I used to (attempt to) play a lot in my youth but was never any good.

Unlike a certain Mr O’Sullivan who took his 8th UK Championship last night, just up the road from me in York. “The best player ever to pick up a snooker cue” as one of the commentators rightly said during the player’s outstanding performance.

steve

Smiffy

Forum GOD!
I enjoy a game but on full size tables I have a shocking muscular pain between my shoulder blades after a few frames.

I have to settle on a game of Internet pool on Miniclip!