All your shaving gear has just disappeared...

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
I would replace everything I have now, I would not add anything nor take anything away.
My shaving gear is now exactly what I want, everything else I have moved on.
:) P.

Edit: should I have read the question wrong.......if I was to only have one item to buy of razor, soap and brush I would pay over the odds to purchase another Paradigm SE from someone and a poop load of Schick Proline blades, some P.160 shave soap and a Two band silvertip from Shavemac plus a bottle of Thayers astringent. :) P.
 
Last edited:

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
I'd go with ATT R1 calypso, Gillette Yellow blades, muhle synthetic brush, Wickham soap, proraso red splash and Wickham balm.
 

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
CJB Shavette, Shick Prolines, whatever single soap takes my fancy at the time of looking (probably Signature Soaps Capra as I'm absolutely loving that), a YaQi 2-band in whatever handle I fancy at the time of looking.
 

TobyC

Patriot
Ok, last time I tried to ask a similar question I received many great responses but some missed the real point of the question.

All your shave gear has just been whisked away into another dimension by some kind of evil wizard.
Grab your wallet, fill your imaginary shopping cart. What do you buy right now?
I may be wrong, but I think you're asking what is the most important piece of gear that we have that we would keep if all else had to go.

I would keep my old man's Gillette OLD type, it's the perfect shaver, and has sentimental value as a bonus, I also have his brush.
 

NeilJ

Forum GOD!
Razors - Feather AS-D2, Feather Artist Club SS Scotch Wood Folding
Blades - Personna Med Prep, Schick Proline
Brushes - Simpson Captain 2 Best, Semogue OC Taj Boar
Soaps - DR Harris Windsor, Cella
Aftershave - Nivea 2 Phase
EDT - Houbigant Fougere Royale
 
Last edited:

Wayne

Forum Sod
3 Stirling Soaps
2 x Apshave Co 2 Bed knots with nice custom made handles ( Artisan to be determined later but probably Vlad Ferdman or Wild West Brush Co)
Timeless Aluminum Razor
Wizamet Blades
A&E Shave Serum.
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Spent a long old time thinking about this.

Firstly, I would buy a Zenith extra soft horsehair brush, some Gillette Rubies and Personna Med Preps, plus a tin and a tube of Eufros. I’d actually be pretty happy with that and it’s pretty much where Im

I’d then have a deep and gloomy think about what to do next. My razor is a Hybrid Tech head married to a small UFO handle - neither of which are easily replaceable.

It would break my heart to have to replace my tiny museum of vintage treasures so I think I’d go modern. I’d stick my name down for a Wolfman WR2 1.05 SB and try to beg a Carbon Cx off the BST, shaving with a Bic until that came through.
 

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
Easy choices....

- Micromatic Clog-Pruf

- 100 PTFE blades

- Yaqi Sagrada Familia brush.

- Selection of soaps including...
> Fitjar Folgefonn
> Fitjar Fjellheim
> Via Barberia Herbae
> Grooming Dept. Neroli
> Grooming Dept. Yuzu
> Klar Sport
> SV Felce or Dolomiti, can't decide
 
Top