Aliexpress Yaqi

kerem_tokd

Hello guys. I wanna buy my first shaving brush. I was checking Aliexpress and saw a two band badger brush from Yaqi. There is a discount and it's price down to 11-12 USD (but it's a display item). Is there anybody have this brush? Is it a good one? Worth to buy? I was actually looking for a synthetic brush. Yaqi Timber Wolf has same price. Which one should I prefer? Thanks.

Two band badger (display product): https://aliexpress.com/item/3281478...ucts_4200370.32814789061&gatewayAdapt=glo2tur

Timber Wolf: https://aliexpress.com/item/3283845...207803358!sea!TR!0&curPageLogUid=ydGN0yeZDw1w

ewkist

Forum GOD!
Get them! Those are great prices. I have a 24 mm two band badger from Yaqi and it is dense and soft. I also have a non-Yaqi brush with a synthetic Timberwolf knot, and it too is a very satisfying knot. For the price you absolutely cannot go wrong. I paid twice as much for a Yaqi two-band.

1964geo

Forum GOD!
Don't think you can go wrong with either. I've had both brushes. The 24mm badger is quite a dense knot and unlike some badger brushes doesn't hog lather. The timber wolf is a softer knot and again doesn't hog lather.

kerem_tokd

Get them! Those are great prices. I have a 24 mm two band badger from Yaqi and it is dense and soft. I also have a non-Yaqi brush with a synthetic Timberwolf knot, and it too is a very satisfying knot. For the price you absolutely cannot go wrong. I paid twice as much for a Yaqi two-band.
Yeah great prices but I can buy only one of them :)

kerem_tokd

Don't think you can go wrong with either. I've had both brushes. The 24mm badger is quite a dense knot and unlike some badger brushes doesn't hog lather. The timber wolf is a softer knot and again doesn't hog lather.
Thank you for the comment. I ordered the two band badger one.
I don't know the meaning of the "hog lather". Can you explain pls? I'm a Turkish guy btw :) Couldn't understand.

1964geo

Forum GOD!
Thank you for the comment. I ordered the two band badger one.
I don't know the meaning of the "hog lather". Can you explain pls? I'm a Turkish guy btw :) Couldn't understand.
Hog lather means it retains the lather within the hair of the brush instead of transferring it to your face.

ischiapp

Doctor Strange of Wetshaving
Bad copy of Alpha shaving brush.
Copy?!?! Not. Specs are different.
This is larger, shorter, heavier than @AlphaShaving Outlaw.

Bad?!?! Not. Specs are nice.
CNC, Aluminium serie 6, Badger Silvertip 3-band.

To be clear, I don't like this handle (original or not). And I'm not supported by Yaqi.
But I do not like neither this model of thinking about products made in China.
The sad truth is that (mostly) the "copy" has a better quality / price ratio than the original.
Because R&D is about marketing ... and product is laveraged by a big company.
OTOH, OEM manufacturer reserve the "right" to upgrade the product and sell their new version. Not a copy.
Globalization and outsorcing have its cost ... unfair but normal. Sad, again.

Last edited:

gile

Forum GOD!
We now that most of the shave gear comes from China and I don't have trouble at all with that and I wasn't criticizing that. All the synthetic knots and badger hair comes from China, they manufacture brushes for Razorock, PAA, goodfellas etc. Same thing with razors. I have trouble with taking other peoples design and representing it as their own.
Regarding quality to price ratio I don't know what to say about that as you should know that you can't expect from small workshop and business to compete with price with big factory who has capability to produce at lowest possible cost.

semajohn

Forum GOD!
We now that most of the shave gear comes from China and I don't have trouble at all with that and I wasn't criticizing that. All the synthetic knots and badger hair comes from China, they manufacture brushes for Razorock, PAA, goodfellas etc. Same thing with razors. I have trouble with taking other peoples design and representing it as their own.
Regarding quality to price ratio I don't know what to say about that as you should know that you can't expect from small workshop and business to compete with price with big factory who has capability to produce at lowest possible cost.
Most stuff comes from China and all you are paying extra for is the brand label attached to it.

ischiapp

Doctor Strange of Wetshaving
I have trouble with taking other peoples design and representing it as their own.
I understand, unfortunatelly patent a design is not easy for most of the little manufacturer.

BTW, this shape is very well known from decades ... coming from Rubberset.
RazoRock, Alpha Shaving, and many others took ispiration.
But doing a different product. Adding value to the market.
I see the same here. Just different reaction.