Acquistion Disorder Killer

flip-68

Forum GOD!
as d2 killed RAD, Wickham killed SAD, Polsilver SI killed BLAD (?), having too many brushes and a/s killed those ADs.

am just happy using stuff up now :)
 

alwinvrm

Guru
I've settled on a relatively small number of razors in my collection and I'm satisfied with their performance. I do often wonder if razors like the ATT and Blackbird will suit me though.

As for soap, there are one or two makes that I'd be happy to use and not try any more as long as I could use a range of scents.
I was so looking forward to receiving my ATT with plates, and then I wondered , though beautifully made, why it shaved more or less the same as, and a bit more aggressive than an EJ 89. YMMV of course.
 

alwinvrm

Guru
I buy Jackets, travel bags, razors, brushes and what not, with the sole purpose of buying the ultimately perfect one that will do it all and will cure all acquisition disorders.

Usually something comes on the market in a couple of months that seems pretty good, maybe perfect, possibly the only one I will ever need, or

I change my definition of perfect and start all over again.

I am serious here, I gave up hope on permanent RAD cures, but I keep it in check.
 

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
I was so looking forward to receiving my ATT with plates, and then I wondered , though beautifully made, why it shaved more or less the same as, and a bit more aggressive than an EJ 89. YMMV of course.
Which ATT plates did you get? Which is closest to the EJ?
 

alwinvrm

Guru
Which ATT plates did you get? Which is closest to the EJ?
I have to look that up it is a while ago. I meant BTW more the quality or comfort level of the shave not the exact same blade gap. I will go through my orders, and get back to you. Always depressing to be confronted with the undeniable numbers of my RAD.
 

Celar36

Forum GOD!
This is true and non-fictional account of events made by bystander.

In one particulary sunny but chilly day somewhere in mid Feb 2017, Jack aka Blade Runner was walking down the street in London. Than BOOM out nowhere THOR the GOD of Thunder yielding his mighty hammer struck Blade Runner in Face and Said "Stand high Jack and accept the power of Hammer, your journey is over. From now on Thunder wiill watch over you". Hail Thor!

Author remarks: Thor Hammer stands for PILS razor.Every time Jack shaves with it, somehere near you can hear Thunder rumble and flashes. His wife forbade him to shave at morning due noise and she was getting angry, so Jack is now evening shaver.
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
This is true and non-fictional account of events made by bystander.

In one particulary sunny but chilly day somewhere in mid Feb 2017, Jack aka Blade Runner was walking down the street in London. Than BOOM out nowhere THOR the GOD of Thunder yielding his mighty hammer struck Blade Runner in Face and Said "Stand high Jack and accept the power of Hammer, your journey is over. From now on Thunder wiill watch over you". Hail Thor!

Author remarks: Thor Hammer stands for PILS razor.Every time Jack shaves with it, somehere near you can hear Thunder rumble and flashes. His wife forbade him to shave at morning due noise and she was getting angry, so Jack is now evening shaver.
:laugh::laugh:
 

alwinvrm

Guru
Which ATT plates did you get? Which is closest to the EJ?
I looked it up. In 2016 I bought the M1 head and later the R. As far as I recall, the M head was close to the EJ 89 maybe a bit more "bity" while the R was more aggressive. I used many razors in the meantime, so my memory may be clouded.
 
S

Steve Bowles

Guest
The Muhle R95 and the One Blade Genesis have put all my other razors in a drawer for good. No more RAD. MdC and Haslinger put an end to the SAD, and a Muhle Silvertip Badger put an end to BAD. I've become the minimalist I started out to be. Now I only have to find storage space for the stuff I bought to get to this point.
 
Top