Acquisitions - October 2016

Mr_Smartepants

Genius Member
Received a custom group-buy Shavemac with a "unique" 2-band silvertip modeled after the Epsilon knots.
Anyway, here's this beauty. My crappy phone camera does no justice. Knot has super soft tips, splays easily and has perfect backbone.
I can't wait to use it in the morning along with one of these new Eufros sets from Manuel.


 

Darkbulb

Member #10
Received a custom group-buy Shavemac with a "unique" 2-band silvertip modeled after the Epsilon knots.
Anyway, here's this beauty. My crappy phone camera does no justice. Knot has super soft tips, splays easily and has perfect backbone.
I can't wait to use it in the morning along with one of these new Eufros sets from Manuel.


Phat brush that!
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
IMG_2005.JPG
IMG_2004.JPG
Faena Sandalwood, the free and pay for postage. For the purpose of the reported poor feedback I'll be honest here.

Not the strongest scent but certainly pleasant enough. I must say, I probably can see why some could have a negative on opening it up. Seems a little overpackaged for what's in the tub. I also like my puck to fit to the edges, this looks like a game of chase the puck around the bowl.

Oh and please don't get me wrong, I appreciate it was indeed free.
 

Dogsmro

Forum GOD!
View attachment 2783 View attachment 2782 Faena Sandalwood, the free and pay for postage. For the purpose of the reported poor feedback I'll be honest here.

Not the strongest scent but certainly pleasant enough. I must say, I probably can see why some could have a negative on opening it up. Seems a little overpackaged for what's in the tub. I also like my puck to fit to the edges, this looks like a game of chase the puck around the bowl.

Oh and please don't get me wrong, I appreciate it was indeed free.
I just squished mine down as it was so soft, mine also wasn't an intense scent but it produces an amazing lather. Many thanks @LeeBot
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I just squished mine down as it was so soft, mine also wasn't an intense scent but it produces an amazing lather. Many thanks @LeeBot
I went for the squish down in the end.

Absolutely superb lather ! Rich, creamy and slick. I still have a little of the older Vanilla Faena, when it use to come in metal tins with the transparent lids. The lather on that was very good too, the scent was a little stronger though. The old Vanilla has an odd scent, something between Vanilla and window putty, certainly a nice smelling soap. On to the scent of this Faena, its again a nice smelling soap, but it is somewhat lacking that distinct Sandalwood scent.

Would I be upset with it ? Well no based on that lather alone.
 
Top