Acquisitions - March 2017

halvor

a most elusive fish
Hey, Halvor, Nice.. what's your impression? You secretly sneaking these in from the prying eyes of the lady of the house?
That would be the intended reading, yes :wink:

Oh, and @Acer89, this week wasn't a fair week for any brush number two really. Anything will feel floppy compared to the ATG LE D01. That said, I'm looking forward to shaving with the Fünf as it's called (Bullgoose five years anniversary). I gave it a few palm swirls and let it stand with lather to try and get rid of some funk/glue smell, and it doesn't feel bad at all. The free loft can't be much higher than the spec, backbone should be decent, and it has more of a three band feel from the tips.
 
Last edited:
My father-in-law passed away at the end of November. Since none of the other blokes in the family were interested in them I acquired his razors -

Super adjustable in excellent condition
Old Type in excellent condition with case
Tech travel set in leather pouch, again very good condition
Wilky Classic and Boots DE both still in blister packs.

Not to mention what must be nigh on a life time supply of blades, quite a few of which are NoS and vintage. Whenever I use these I'll remember him. He was a tough but generous navvy and a true gent. He came to the UK from Ireland in the '70s and worked as a plant operator and foreman on major civil engineering projects. Oil terminals in Shetland and Orkney, many motorway projects, the Channel Tunnel, HS1 to name but a few. His last big job was on the Olympic Stadium. Thanks Tom
 

Acer89

James
My father-in-law passed away at the end of November. Since none of the other blokes in the family were interested in them I acquired his razors -

Super adjustable in excellent condition
Old Type in excellent condition with case
Tech travel set in leather pouch, again very good condition
Wilky Classic and Boots DE both still in blister packs.

Not to mention what must be nigh on a life time supply of blades, quite a few of which are NoS and vintage. Whenever I use these I'll remember him. He was a tough but generous navvy and a true gent. He came to the UK from Ireland in the '70s and worked as a plant operator and foreman on major civil engineering projects. Oil terminals in Shetland and Orkney, many motorway projects, the Channel Tunnel, HS1 to name but a few. His last big job was on the Olympic Stadium. Thanks Tom
Sorry for your loss. You've inherited a fine selection of classic razors. Tried most of them with one high on my wish list. Hope you enjoy them and cherish fond memories. :)
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
The knots aren't listed separately, I asked for one to be included with my Ivory order. He was happy to oblige and sent a paypal invoice.
Great news, I'll try that too as I need a nice knot for my Olive wood handle...
 

bakerbarber

Forum GOD!
PSA

There's a lot of bogus listings today. I reported half a dozen of them this morning.

All modernish hard to get safety razors. A Jürgen Hempel handle. All listed by sellers with zero feedback in China.

Descriptions look like copies of real listings.
Prices are 10 - 20% of going rates.

Beware!

Looks too good to be true and it probably is.

A couple Webers and 2011 R41 razors.

Seems oddly specific items and each listing is from a different account. All are free shipping from China. Probably a scam brothers.
 

Mrchick

Handsome Avatar
PSA

There's a lot of bogus listings today. I reported half a dozen of them this morning.

All modernish hard to get safety razors. A Jürgen Hempel handle. All listed by sellers with zero feedback in China.

Descriptions look like copies of real listings.
Prices are 10 - 20% of going rates.

Beware!

Looks too good to be true and it probably is.

A couple Webers and 2011 R41 razors.

Seems oddly specific items and each listing is from a different account. All are free shipping from China. Probably a scam brothers.
I've seen them too. And they are selling. I'm sure somebody will report that they were ripped off.
 
Top