Acquisitions July 2017

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I found this in a shop this morning. It's a Colley & Co Sheffield razor. I've done a little research that tells me it was made between 1833-1844. It looks like it will clean up nicely and I really like the shape of the blade.
Worthy of a thread on it's own methinks.
Very interesting razor.
Good luck and hope it cleans up nicely.
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Maseto 24mm extra dense Finest "Spectrum".

Picked mine up this morning...7:30am...on a Saturday!
Here's a photo of it straight out of the box. I'm prepping the brush at the moment. Bloomed photo to follow later.





Soaked and rinsed with fairy liquid for a few minutes. Washed with L'Oreal shampoo and conditioner "because it's worth it".
Palm lathered with TOBS Sandlewood and I'm leaving the cream in it for a couple of hours.
Apart from the wash with fairy liquid (some browning of the water thats all) none of the rest was really necessary as I couldn't smell any funk at all.

I've been blown away with this brush even before I opened the box. Brilliant packaging and a free stand and key ring for starters.
When I looked it over, the knot was very neat and symmetrical. I've paid over £200 for brushes with poorer shaped knots.

Now onto when I first got my hands on it wet....Oh sweet Jesus on a cracker!
Stunning! Excuse the expletives but I said out loud "how f**king soft is this brush!" Sorry.

I washed it through with shampoo and it whipped up a storm. I can't wait to use it later.

Cheers
Rob
 
Last edited:
Picked mine up this morning...7:30am...on a Saturday!
Here's a photo of it straight out of the box. I'm prepping the brush at the moment. Bloomed photo to follow later.



Soaked and rinsed with fairy liquid for a few minutes. Washed with L'Oreal shampoo and conditioner "because it's worth it".
Palm lathered with TOBS Sandlewood and I'm leaving the cream in it for a couple of hours.
Apart from the wash with fairy liquid (some browning of the water thats all) none of the rest was really necessary as I couldn't smell any funk at all.

I've been blown away with this brush even before I opened the box. Brilliant packaging and a free stand and key ring for starters.
When I looked it over, the knot was very neat and symmetrical. I've paid over £200 for brushes with poorer shaped knots.

Now onto when I first got my hands on it wet....Oh sweet Jesus on a cracker!
Stunning! Excuse the expletives but I said out loud "how f**king soft is this brush!" Sorry.

I washed it through with shampoo and it whipped up a storm. I can't wait to use it later.

Cheers
Rob
What brush did you go for Roberto? Sadly the picture isn't showing? Hope you enjoy it regardless pal!
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Just got my new Timeless handle via Dick Turpins cabin aka sorting office where my pants were ripped down and I had to assume the position to the tune of £17.00. That makes for one expensive handle running total inc post and customs £80. It's OK as a handle. It's too long but well made. I got it in case I sell my Timeless it will sell better as a complete razor than it would as just the head.
 
Hi Chris,
Maseto 24mm extra dense Finest "Spectrum". In Black.


Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322559947049
I did buy one off yourself if memory serves. I did sell it as it was a tad to big for my liking.

This MS is Stunning!
Lovely stuff Rob! Yeah I had 2 of the 30mm finests but sold them (one to you) now I am tempted to perhaps buy some more as the knots look a bit improved ! This shaving lark is like a merry go round hahaha! I thinned out a lot of my brush collection but now they are slowly creeping back...:oops::whistling:
Hope you enjoy your brush pal!:thumbsup:
 
Just got my new Timeless handle via Dick Turpins cabin aka sorting office where my pants were ripped down and I had to assume the position to the tune of £17.00. That makes for one expensive handle running total inc post and customs £80. It's OK as a handle. It's too long but well made. I got it in case I sell my Timeless it will sell better as a complete razor than it would as just the head.
I've been there Wayne! Timeless make superb razors (IMHO) but the customs fees don't half sting!
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Maseto 24mm extra dense Finest "Spectrum".

Picked mine up this morning...7:30am...on a Saturday!
Here's a photo of it straight out of the box. I'm prepping the brush at the moment. Bloomed photo to follow later.





Soaked and rinsed with fairy liquid for a few minutes. Washed with L'Oreal shampoo and conditioner "because it's worth it".
Palm lathered with TOBS Sandlewood and I'm leaving the cream in it for a couple of hours.
Apart from the wash with fairy liquid (some browning of the water thats all) none of the rest was really necessary as I couldn't smell any funk at all.

I've been blown away with this brush even before I opened the box. Brilliant packaging and a free stand and key ring for starters.
When I looked it over, the knot was very neat and symmetrical. I've paid over £200 for brushes with poorer shaped knots.

Now onto when I first got my hands on it wet....Oh sweet Jesus on a cracker!
Stunning! Excuse the expletives but I said out loud "how f**king soft is this brush!" Sorry.

I washed it through with shampoo and it whipped up a storm. I can't wait to use it later.

Cheers
Rob
Yep Rob they are fine brushes and have spoiled brushes for me now. I really cannot see the point of buying anything more expensive. I would love an M&F or a Simpsons LTD or indeed a Wiborg but I'm not going to get anything better than the Maseto. I've got the horn version and I love it.
 

Acer89

James
Today's haul.

I have so many untried soaps on my wish list very few in my den would be re-ordered.

These are the exceptions:
Via Barberia Soap and Cream (Aquae)

DSC_6273.jpg


Apothecary87 1893 Cream. Great performance, Strong pungent scent which may not appeal to everyone.

Oh and for when I'm careless a big styptic pencil and powder. First time for the powder so we'll see.
DSC_6282.jpg
 
Last edited:

halvor

a most elusive fish
wow are the Feather Seiken blades really tit bad? I'd been meaning to grab some for a while
If seiken is the same as FAS, then yes. They can't possibly be made for shaving. Or, masochists shave too, probably... That was my experience with them. And I tried two, in case the first was a dud.

Upon some interweb searching, it seems some get decent shaves with it, though. So by all means, give it a try.
 
Top