Acquisitions - February 2017

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
IMG_2271.JPG
IMG_2270.JPG
Had some time on my hands so went into the local Antiques shop. Normally I don't bother as they never have anything much shaving wise. Came out with this little beauty. It wouldn't open at the time, but after getting it home and a generous spray of WD40 it opened up. Inside was an old and rusty Gillette Blue (E1 code). Razor looks to me like an English LD or Papeclip Rocket aluminium handled. The price just £5 ! Needs a bit of clean up but with both end plates and a smooth action it should make a good shaver.

Young girl behind the counter asked if I was going to use it, and looked very surprise when I said yes !
 

Attachments

Last edited:

Mrchick

Handsome Avatar
I was on a business trip today and had time to forage in an antiques shop. The shop was displaying a bunch of pipes in this old pipe stand. I mentioned that I had been looking for one of these stands for straight razors. He sold me the stand for $12.00 and it works great. My larger blades won't fit, but I'll fill it up:happy:
IMG_0840.JPG
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I've never picked a straight razor but I do admire them. This is a beauty!
Thank you.
It looks better than it feels TBH. The blade looks nice. I'll find out the weekend if it's shave ready.
The scales look and feel very cheap. If I like the razor I'll look at changing the scales.
 
Top