Acquisitions - December 2016

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Semogue 2 band 2016 LE, excellent brush.
Tipsoft handle, Tuxedo synthetic knot. This brush messed with my head, original knot lost around 15 hairs per use so had to go. Steamed for an hour no result. Dremmel, battery died no result. Electric drill part result. Caustic soda result. How it lost hairs, needing the above assault is beyond me but very happy with the result. Set the knot low and glue is now drying.

p.b

Forum GOD!
@Nishy is it the 24mm knot, and what loft did you set it at? I set my 24mm at 53-54mm but I suspect it would work well over quite a range of lofts.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
@Nishy is it the 24mm knot, and what loft did you set it at? I set my 24mm at 53-54mm but I suspect it would work well over quite a range of lofts.
Yep listed as 24mm extra dense Paul, however measures 26mm. I set it at 55mm as it seemed to suit this loft in terms of my backbone preference.

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
"The General" in silver, from Colonial Razors, is here.
Very minor surface blemishes, kind of like the Merkur or Ikon "seconds" Paul @ConnaughtShaving sells from time to time.

Replaced the handle with the ATT Kronos SS, let's see how this head design shaves, will test it later today or tomorrow.