Why can't I stop spending

p.b

Forum GOD!
How about spending loads of money on one (or more) of those expensive, but lovely, Pelican cases and then spending hours cutting out the foam inserts for each razor, soap or brush to hide them away in?

D

Deleted member 1881

I enjoyed the company and the after event meetings and the social side. Shaving doesn't have this side to it.

Of course it has. You write down here your thoughts about some products, then you discuss, disagree, say that MonSavon is even better than any artisan soap(!)

The thing is that you are right. I catch myself opening the closet with the shaving den, 50 times/day, just to open some tubs, or sniff my aftershaves.
I slept once with a shaving soap next to my bed, like a teddy bear.

D

Deleted member 1881

That's cute, which soap was it?
I'm not sure, it's been a while! The morning I threw it down because I thought it was my alarm clock.

If I try to remember I think it was Stirling Barbershop, the first artisan soap I brought from abroad. Then, some others followed and now I have to go to buy a bigger box to put all them inside.

Really no space anymore. I'm definitely lunatic.

chazt

Forum !
I think it's possible that you have a hidden desire to be a shop or a business. You may be a hidden entrepreneur. What you're doing is research, building up stock and mastering the subject.

The missing bit is actually starting a business, which I'm sure you'd be well capable of.
Les, you must have been a motivational speaker in a previous life!

chazt

Forum !
Hi Chaps
I'm probably the same as many on here, as in Shaving is my only hobby these days. I know we can debate whether or not it is a hobby but a lot of us consider it one. I used to love Golf, Fishing and other hobbies, these days though this is my only real hobby. I love spending on my hobby, when it was Fishing and Golf it was subcriptions, equipment, bait, balls and the like, plus they were not isolated hobbies, I enjoyed the company and the after event meetings and the social side. Shaving doesn't have this side to it.
With Shaving everything you buy lasts a bloody age, apart from blades things do not wear out. Brushes and Razors last forever, soap around a couple of months of heavy loading to get through one. For some that is a good thing but when you do enjoy spending it soon just mounts up everywhere as it is reletively inexpensive compared to say a dozen top quality Golf Balls which you will eventually lose.
As I said, I love spending a few quid on my hobby, it makes me feel like I have gone to work all week for something but I can't stand the clutter. It really is a quandry for me.
How do you see this? I'd love to know.
Wayne, it took another read-through, but I think I understand. I too recently feel that I’ve accumulated too much; how many brushes, razors, etc. can a person use? Of course we all know, there’s no such thing as too many razor blades. Beyond straight up divestiture, if you’re referring to hardware clutter, is is there a way for you to display certain items for a week or so as you rotate through them? Keep the unused items in an easily reached drawer or shelf perhaps. My backup soaps and razor blades are in deep storage in boxes on a shelf in my guitar closet. I have a small chest of drawers in which I store my soap rotation, razor sets, empty boxes, etc. Display items are on a shelf in my home office. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
You only live once, why can't I get that free Prosecco post out of my head, buy some more Prosecco :)

Wayne

Forum Sod
It appears this was an ill judged post and I have had me ass kicked over it, you live and learn in this life and I have been given a life lesson by the more senior members of the forum.
I will go away, re group and return.