What Would Be Truly Innovative in Blade Holder Design?

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
When I look at new blade holders, generally, they remind me of vintage designs. This leads me to consider what design would be truly innovative like a DE blade holder that would accommodate stacking blades at an angle for double blade shaving. Another idea might be a shavette that would also have a capacity for a SE blade for detail work around the nose of side burn setting. The arm could swing out like a pocket knife.

Have you any creative ideas?

Vacumatic

Testy
I look at the cartridge razor pics on here, some of the designs are quite radical including the use of colour, plastics and line. It is a pity that Gillette with all its design resources and marketing could not take some inspiration from their many designs and apply them to DE shaving.

Last edited:

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
Thanks for the responses. 😃👍

The leaf twig is a single blade holder. Can two blades be used? The Tedalus is no different from any shavette design. The IBC doesn’t hold the blade at an angle so as to be used like a Schick injector design type.

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
I look at the cartridge razor pics on here, some of the designs are quite radical including the use of colour, plastics and line. It is a pity that Gillette with all its design resources and marketing could not take some inspiration from their many designs and apply them to DE shaving.
Very valid response. I’m thinking just something to hold two or more Schick injector sized blades using a durable plastic ergonomic handle would be interesting. Schick made the O Type for dual blades, but even the clones aren’t being produced now. I’ve heard the dual blade are pricy and so being able to source the blades independently would be a plus.

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Thanks for the responses. 😃👍

The leaf twig is a single blade holder. Can two blades be used? The Tedalus is no different from any shavette design. The IBC doesn’t hold the blade at an angle so as to be used like a Schick injector design type.
The Leaf uses three blades (DE blades snapped in half)
The Tedalus can use different types of blades so quite different

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
The Leaf uses three blades (DE blades snapped in half)
The Tedalus can use different types of blades so quite different
Good to know on the Leaf. That’s a very unique design.

What I meant is, the Tedalus according to the web site accommodates DE blades, AC, and mini injector blades. How is this quite different?

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
Are other shavettes able to take all types of blades?
You tell me. Does being able to take all types of blades allow it to shave differently that a Feather or other shavettes? Thanks for letting me know about the Leaf Three Blade. That is a truly innovative design.

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
Thanks to all. The Leaf three blade replaceable holder is the most interesting modern razor I've been seen. I wouldn't mind having one, but the price right now is a non-starter. I wish the Schick O was still around, but even then, their double blades are pricey.