Completed UK Pass around - Wolfman WR4. Tester (Please read description)

Jon D

Forum GOD!
First shave with this. Paired with a SS claymore handle (I temporarily regret setting my Ti and Chrome DE’s as it would have been interesting to try a lighter handle to match the head.)

Blade was a, first use, Feather proguard. The shave was more tuggy than I expected, and I am still trying to find the angle.

But after 2 passes I got a close shave and my skin feels good several hours later.

Part of the problem may have been that I forgot just how much water the soap (lothur soaps) need, so my lather was thicker than ideal for an SE.

Next shave I will use a non guarded Feather or Kai and see if I can find my heavy IKON handle.

Last edited:

Jon D

Forum GOD!
Second Shave:

Kai Captain blade (first use).
SS Claymore handle (could not find the IKON one)

After my lather was too rich yesterday, I wanted to face lather with a high-splay synth.

I deliberately painted a lot of water into the lather, and got the thick slightly transparent lather I wanted for the SE.

First pass was quite blade forward- but took down the hair.

Second pass I found the angle (pretty much riding the safety bar) and it was buttery smooth but efficient.

Went ATG on my difficult areas as touch up.

Very close 2 pass shave + touch up. Starting to see why people like Wolfmans!

Attachments

Jon D

Forum GOD!
I finished off a week of great shaves with this razor head. Thanks, ATG and @Scorpio93 for the pass around.

I tried guarded and unguarded Kai and Feather blades. All very smooth and very efficient. I decided I didn’t need to try the Feather Supers from my sampler as it was efficient enough.

The key thing for me was riding the thick Wolfman safety bar. You can really throw this thing around your face, and no feedback from the splash in any of my shaves,

If you have seen the Donald Younger Shaving YouTube videos- my shaves with this evolved to be very similar to his style.

Good for a quick, close one pass before work or my usual 2 pass shaves.

Was the Aluminium head too light? Well sometimes I used a bit of pressure, and SS might have helped to avoid that, but the safety bar did keep it smooth. And I think the lighter razor head was fun to maneuver around my face.

I think I will get on the waiting list for a Titanium one.

Now to get it sterilized and sent back to @Scorpio93

Attachments

Last edited: