Supermarket razors who makes yours?

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Ok so after reading other threads here and elsewhere I thought i'd pop a thread together about the Supermaket own brand cart razors and who actually makes them and which model of an other actual razor manufacturers they are? This would help those who like me still use carts in our rotation and would like to know the compatibilities. And for me it plays into my addiction of handle collection.
So i'd really like to ask for all your input folks. @Sabre your always insightful on carts can you assist?

I'll update the OP as you guys post any new ones and maybe we can get this made into a sticky.

This is what i've found so far.

Tesco Pro Formula 5 Blade = Personna GT5
Tesco Triple Blade Plus = Personna Tri-Flexxx
Sainsbury's Advance 6 Blade = Dorco pace 6
Sainsbury's Triple Blade = Dorco Pace 3
Morrison's 3 Blade = Personna Caliber 3
Asda 5 Blade = Personna Caliber 5
Asda 3 Blade = Personna Tri-Flexxx
Lidl Cien Shark 5 Blade = Feintechnik Xenon 5
Boots Max Shave 5 = Personna Caliber 5
Superdrug 5 Blade = Personna Caliber 5
Superdrug Triple Blade = Personna Caliber 3
Superdrug Twin = Dorco TGII
Wilko Triple Blade = Personna Tri-Flexxx

Last edited:

Sabre

Forum GOD!
Boots Max Shave 5 = Personna Caliber 5
Superdrug = Personna Caliber 5
Superdrug Twin = Dorco TGII
Wilko = Personna Tri-Flexxx
Asda = Personna Tri-Flexxx and Caliber 5
Sainsbury Triple = Dorco Pace 3

Tesco, Asda and Wilko now stock Personna Hydro3/Mach3 carts. Tesco has a handle based on the Matrix.

Last edited:

Sabre

Forum GOD!
Boots used to have the Matrix, Superdrug switched from Dorco to Personna, Tesco had the Caliber 3 in the line up and withdrew it for the older Tri-Flexxx. Before that they had the Matrix.
Aldi had the Matrix.

Sabre

Forum GOD!
Tesco, Asda and Wilko now stock Personna Hydro3/Mach3 carts. Tesco has a handle based on the Matrix.
These have now been branded as Personna Easy Fit 3's. They are the original design of the Hydro 3...

MAC1

Noob
Hello all, I'm new to the forum.

This stuff is very informative, although all these variations are a bit bamboozling to the average punter.

I used the Personna Matrix 3 for a few years, available as own brand in the big supermarket chains, then one after another it began to disappear. Thankfully I managed to find it as Aldi's "Lucara" brand 3 blader, although it's anybody's guess how long it'll be available before being pulled.

Can't say I've seen it (handle) in Tesco though - as Sabre mentioned.,

The disposable version has made an appearance in numerous of the usual suspects locations named above.

Question - is the Dorco Pace 3 (or any other Dorco for that matter) available in any supermarket or store other than Sainsburys ?

Sabre

Forum GOD!
Hello all, I'm new to the forum.

This stuff is very informative, although all these variations are a bit bamboozling to the average punter.

I used the Personna Matrix 3 for a few years, available as own brand in the big supermarket chains, then one after another it began to disappear. Thankfully I managed to find it as Aldi's "Lucara" brand 3 blader, although it's anybody's guess how long it'll be available before being pulled.

Can't say I've seen it (handle) in Tesco though - as Sabre mentioned.,

The disposable version has made an appearance in numerous of the usual suspects locations named above.

Question - is the Dorco Pace 3 (or any other Dorco for that matter) available in any supermarket or store other than Sainsburys ?
No, Dorco's are only available at Sainsbury's or from Dorco's UK website which is usually more expensive than Sainsbury's.

My comment regarding the Matrix, was that the handle for the Easy Fit 3 was derived from the design of the Matrix.
I don't know whether a Matrix cart would fit the Advanced Performance triple blade razor.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/295983012