SOTD: Saturday 5 August - Friday 12 August

NeilJ

Forum GOD!
Bowl lather - Giles
Head - Leaf (Astra SP 1)
Face - Thorn (Astra SP 2)
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Fibre 25mm
MWF
Homemade witch-hazel with glycerin, lavender, tea tree and peppermint essential oils
Barts Unscented Bonce Balm
Terre d’Hermès EDT

A rare morning shave for me. This was my second use of the Thorn and I’m very impressed. My first thoughts after the first use was maybe I should have ordered the Twig as I found it a bit on the aggressive side for me but maybe I wasn’t using the correct angle as today I had about as perfect a shave as I’ve ever had. The Leaf got my head almost billiard ball smooth with 2 passes and I touched up the few fuzzy patches with the Thorn. Two passes on the face with very minor touch ups resulted same finish as my head. This is a great combo for head and face shavers. I am a daily shaver for head and face so I will probably alternate the Thorn with my Blackland Vector on my face as I find it slightly milder, plus it has a more luxurious feel.

chazt

Forum !
Mint is the only note. I can't pick out any other. It's not particularly strong, a little sweet, reminiscent of some mint candies we used to eat as kids.
It doesn't freeze the face, while I find the lotion a bit more oily than the classic LPL offerings. Putting less drops is the solution for me.
Definitely a good and 'natural' purchase.

Happy Birthday @Jim Kleinkauf !
Thank you :)